Total Solution Exante carb count

Muso_Girl

Hello!

Sorry if this has been asked before. I went through the 3 packs per day products and most food packs contain 20g of carbs, porridge seems to have the lowest count at 17g. Eating 3 food packs a day means we're consuming around 60g of carbs per day.

What I need to know is, can you get into ketosis on 60g of carbs per day? I have read several times that only 30-40g per day will be low enough. Or does the calorie count affect ketosis too?

The reason I ask is that I have been trying to get back into ketosis after swapping from Lighterlife to Exante and my ketostix are beige. I can't taste metallics (though I do have a cold at the moment) and while I'm not as hungry I don't feel as I did before in ketosis. I only had 2 days of conventional food before starting exante. It's been 5 days. Surely I should be in ketosis by now??

Thanks!!

Hello! Sorry if this has been asked before. I went through the 3 packs per day products and most food packs contain 20g of carbs, porridge seems to have the lowest count at 17g. Eating 3 food packs a day means we're consuming around 60g of carbs per day. What I need to know is, can you get into ketosis on 60g of carbs per day? I have read several times that only 30-40g per day will be low enough. Or does the calorie count affect ketosis too? The reason I ask is that I have been trying to get back into ketosis after swapping from Lighterlife to Exante and my ketostix are beige. I can't taste metallics (though I do have a cold at the moment) and while I'm not as hungry I don't feel as I did before in ketosis. I only had 2 days of conventional food before starting exante. It's been 5 days. Surely I should be in ketosis by now?? Thanks!!

Hi Muso!

Welcome!

I'm not entirely sure about the exact science behind carb amounts but I believe it is remaining under 70g that helps you go into ketosis and the sheer lack of calories would achieve this even if you didn't control the carb amount - it would just affect how you feel of course.

I'm sure you're entering ketosis. Have to remember with the ketosis sticks that they aren't designed for the type of ketosis you go into through VLCD but more often than not for the state involved with diabetes. Also, a number of things can affect the results - the amount of water you drink can dilute the ketones in your urine for example.

Either way, as long as you're feeling good and losing weight; that's the best way to tell it is working.

Good luck and hope the transition is going well for you. :)

Back