exante day 4 no ketosis

lewpy

Hi guys, new to this but have been lurking about the forum and you guys seem to give excellent advice so i thought i might pick your brains :) day 4 exante total solution. I have two stone to lose which i gained since i quit smoking in august.
been really struggling but i have completed the 4 days 100%.Im am still not in ketosis and dont think i have lost anything. drinking around 3 litres of water aday... what am i doing wrong??? dont think il manage the week end at this rate :(

Me too!

Hi guys, new to this but have been lurking about the forum and you guys seem to give excellent advice so i thought i might pick your brains :) day 4 exante total solution. I have two stone to lose which i gained since i quit smoking in august.
been really struggling but i have completed the 4 days 100%.Im am still not in ketosis and dont think i have lost anything. drinking around 3 litres of water aday... what am i doing wrong??? dont think il manage the week end at this rate :(

Hi Lewpy, same here! Day 5 for me and still no ketosis and don't feel as if I've lost anything - and I have a LOT of weight to lose! Have you been on the scales yet? I'm waiting until I've done a full week, so Monday weigh in for me.

We have to stick with it! x

thanks for your reply Sparkly. have you tried exante before? all these posts about big weight loss make me feel iv done something wrong :( not been on scales yet.. dont trust mine so weighed in at boots... tuesday for me
x

day 5 and still no ketosis???? what am i doing wrong :(

Hi Lewpy, well my ketostix this morning was definitely darker pink so fingers crossed I am going into ketosis now. Have tried all the usual diets before - lost 11 stones with WW around 20 years ago and been yo yoing ever since. Never tries a meal replacement diet before tho.

How about you?

Im feeling constipated this morning!!!

hi sparkly. This is my first time with meal replacement too.. wow u def have the will power if u have lost so much in the past.. you will do great on this im sure. i have around 3 stone to lose i think but at the minute would be happy to lose anything!
try some senna from chemist/supermarket for constipation. take before you go to bed tonight and things should get moving in the morning :) x

hi sparkly. This is my first time with meal replacement too.. wow u def have the will power if u have lost so much in the past.. you will do great on this im sure. i have around 3 stone to lose i think but at the minute would be happy to lose anything!
try some senna from chemist/supermarket for constipation. take before you go to bed tonight and things should get moving in the morning :) x

Well I have willpower when in the right frame of mind but clearly not that much willpower as managed to out it all back on again!! Big baby, chubby child and then fat adult - always seemed to weigh my age up until 23 then lost a shed load but just couldn't keep it off. Am hoping this time I will be older and wiser and have learned by my mistakes. So far not been too hungry - how about you?

Peppermint tea has done the trick on the constipation!!! x

ah glad things are moving !!:)
first 2 days i felt ravenous. not too bad since then.. its not hunger as such... just i want the chocolate and crisps!. honestly think iv become addicted to them since stopping the cigs!! i really dont like the shakes tho :( have been having a combination of porridge soup and carbonara. they all taste ok. what about you?
this will be the time you lose and keep it off sparkley ;))
x

Ah, thanks Lewpy - feel the most determined I've felt in a long time so here's hoping the feeling lasts! From reading other posts it looks like you could shift 3 stones pretty quickly. I do find it daunting looking at losing 11 stones but just hoping I can keep chipping away at it. We will get there!

Know what you mean about still wanting to eat even though not hungry. Seems to be so many tv ads for food on in an evening - never noticed before and now they are taunting me!!

I don't mind the shakes actually. Have tried all flavours and all okay. Have made the vanilla one as a hot drink with coffee and that was nice. Not tried the soups as not a soup fan anyway and read so many bad reviews of them it put me off! I bought a 28 day pack of shakes and bars and a 50 day pack of carbonara. That's nice if you get the consistency right!

Plays havoc with your social life though doesn't it? Going out next weekend for a champagne breakfast with friends that has been arranged for ages - it was an Xmas present from friends and we are going with them so can't really back out. That will be my first dalliance with real food and not looking forward to it as worried it will be too tempting and I'll fall off the wagon.

What about you? Are you just saying no to all food related invites? x

i bought a ******* deal for 2 week worth for less than £40 so think i got a bargain... no choice in what i got tho.. mixed shakes soups porridge and carbonara. i do fancy the bars.. do you like?
i think the only way i can do this properly is be a hermit!! just turned down alunch invitation. but its saturday so my plan was breakfast only and go out for dinner eating no carbs.. something like steak or chicken with veg?? what do you think. i think you should look forward to it next week. its abreakfast so maybe you could have an omlette? think if you stay off the carbs a wee break will do you good sparkly :p
x

I saw the ******* deal but missed it, but to be honest I didn't think the price was too bad - just over £100 for 28 days and I could pick what I wanted.

I think you will be fine with steak or chicken - keep it protein and no carbs and it shouldn't affect the whole ketosis thing.

The bars are ok - good to feel you are actually eating/chewing something instead of liquid all the time. They are quite chunky too, so I cut mine in two. Today I had a strawberry shake around 12 noon, then half a bar around 5pm, still have the other half, plus a carbonara to have. I find I am better if I can try and go the morning without anything. Once I have had one thing I want more!!

I had a free sample of the cinammon apple porridge and it was really nice so might get a box of those to mix it up a bit.

You are right, the breakfast thing will be okay, I can make it protein based and avoid the carbs. I think they do scrambled eggs with smoked salmon so might go for that.

Agree about becoming a hermit! I keep thinking if I can take a year out of eating out/takeaways I can get to my goal quicker then might be able to enjoy the occasional meal out and (hopefully) maintain. Think in the long term I might have to stick on the plan for the majority of the time and then have the occasional proper meal. The thing will be not falling off the wagon.

Are you doing any exercise? Last year my and my OH went on a fitness/diet kick and both lost some weight and I started walking every morning before work. I built up to a 3 mile walk each morning and did it every day except Sunday. I stuck at it for about 6 months, lost about 2.5 stones... then had my brother's wedding, a friends wedding in Poland and a holiday in Greece and just couldn't get myself back in the zone afterwards and since September last year I have put back on what I lost, plus another half a stone. So annoyed with myself! At the moment feel to weary to manage exercise but hoping as i start to lose I will feel more inspired.

My OH has about 1.5 stones to lose and is just doing healthy eating at the moment. Says he couldn't cope with the diet I'm doing and to be honest he would be hell to live with if he was deprived food!! But me doing this has helped him cos there's no food in the house!

How have you found the plain porridge? I see they do a box of 25 plain and 25 cinnamon and apple porridge which I am tempted by.

x

hi sparlky. i found the porridg nice surprisingly!! i dont even normally like porridge .. even tho im scottish :p
i had planned to even walk th e dog every night last week but had absolutely zero energy.. hopefully this week will be better.
i think it can only have a good impact on your weight loss... also taking mind off food.
i find a lot of this overeating is in my head... im not really hungry but want the crisps, choc, ice cream... is that mad.
so i went out for dinner... stuck with the mixed grill.. steak chicken gammon pork... not a single chip passed my lips... had a wee sneaky g+t tho. forget the past sparkly.. clean slate now... you can do it :) x

Hi Lewpy, how's it going? Well done with the meat fest dinner!

Are you ready for the first weigh in tomorrow? I had mine today and was very pleased.... 11lb off!! That will make it easier to stick with.

Have booked a holiday to Corfu for end of first week of October and am going to try to lose 4 stones by then. It seems unimaginable to think I could lose that amount, but others on the forum seem to think it is achieveable. I guess I have lost nearly a stone already, so really just over 3 stones to lose.

Fingers crossed for your weigh in tomorow, let me know how it goes.

x

sparkly that is amazing!!!! HUGE CONGRATS i am sooooo pleased for you. I had asneaky weigh in sat and had lost 3ilbs . fairly pleased with that and im gonna stick with it this week.. You will meet your target for your holiday and it is def getting easier dont you think. ? those first 2 days were hell.Did your ketostix ever show you in ketosis? If i was the weekend will have kicked me out of IT.. Keep at it sparlky.. you cann do it :eek:
x

sparkly that is amazing!!!! HUGE CONGRATS i am sooooo pleased for you. I had asneaky weigh in sat and had lost 3ilbs . fairly pleased with that and im gonna stick with it this week.. You will meet your target for your holiday and it is def getting easier dont you think. ? those first 2 days were hell.Did your ketostix ever show you in ketosis? If i was the weekend will have kicked me out of IT.. Keep at it sparlky.. you cann do it :eek:
x

Aw, thank you Lewpy, am very pleased with myself. But how did you do???? And yes, my ketostix did change colour - now a darker pink colour. Incidentally I had two glasses of coke zero yesterday evening and today have felt really hungry - which I wasn't doing previously. So not sure if it was the coke zero or just a coincidence. Still being 100% focussed tho. And bizarrely I got on the scales this morning (couldn't help myself) and was another 4lb down!!! WTF!!! Let me know how your weigh in went. xx

sparkly you are doing amazing.. stick at it.. im abit gutted to be honest. didnt weigh on tuesday due to different stuff, weighed today and i have only lost 3ilb.:cry:eek:n a normal diet id be delighted but when you think of how little calories im taking in i had really hoped for more. im in ketosis according to the sticks and i do feel abit thinner but when you read about the huge losses and compare it to mine its disheartening.... any ideas? x

sparkly you are doing amazing.. stick at it.. im abit gutted to be honest. didnt weigh on tuesday due to different stuff, weighed today and i have only lost 3ilb.:cry:eek:n a normal diet id be delighted but when you think of how little calories im taking in i had really hoped for more. im in ketosis according to the sticks and i do feel abit thinner but when you read about the huge losses and compare it to mine its disheartening.... any ideas? x

Oh Lewpy, I do feel for you and I know from past experience how disappointing that can be - especially when you've been so restricted on calories. But you are still 3lb lighter than you were this time last week and it didn't kill you so that's a bonus! And it would be easy to think 'stuff it' and this time next week be back where you started. Now you are in ketosis I would say try and stick with it 100% for another week and you could see a bigger loss now you are burning fat. But I do know how hard it is ... I'm 23 stones for gods sake so have had lots of disappointing weight losses and unjustified weight gains in my time. There will be weeks when I am cheesed off too and we will be here to support each other. Chin up Lewpy you are ketosis queen now so make this most if and let's see what the scales say next week. Xx

Just read through this thread.. ya doing fabulous Sparkley!!!... ketostix are not very reliable... your losses tell you that you have reached it .. they are fab.. well done xx

I am the same,no massive losses supposedly in ketosis as my partner keeps calling me " death breath " but only 5 lbs down

Back