Exante FREE POSTAGE + 50% Discount Offer - Not so free

Discussion in 'Exante' started by NatW, 11 February 2010 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. NatW

NatW Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Just received an email from Exante advertising their new offer, namely free postage on 4-wks bumper packs. Free postage offer valid until Sat evening only.

Only problem is I just went on their site and was surprised to see that the price of the Bumper Pack has gone up from 89 GBP to 99 GBP. I am 100% sure that the price of the bumper pack was still 89 GBP on Monday as I was contemplating placing an order.

Anyhow, it looks like the free postage is not so free after all as they have just increased their prices to cover for it!

A disgruntled Nat

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mummyofthreegirls

mummyofthreegirls Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st11lb
    Current Weight:
    21st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(7.84%)
    I received that email to! i thought it was great that it was under the £90!.
    I know i will not be able to order before the 13th.

Not very impressed either!.

4. iwannabeayummymummy

iwannabeayummymummy Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    i saw that before i thought it was a bit of a fix.. lol

5. honey-dd

honey-dd Full Member

Diet:
    lap band
    its a con and not a very good one lol .. as its the price you could buy them for with postage before that offer

so they just put the price up to cover there postage :D and classed it as an offer .

6. Miss Demeanour

Miss Demeanour I.P. Freely

Start Weight:
    132.1kg
    Current Weight:
    132.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    one off the interweb...
    sadly, it's a classic marketing tactic. Then when the 'offer' ends, I bet the pack price will still be a tenner dearer. ;)

It's an attempt to squeak the prices up without anyone noticing - effectively a fiver at a time...

7. margarino

margarino Chronic dieter!!!

Start Weight:
    86.4kg
    Current Weight:
    85.28kg
    Goal Weight:
    68.04kg
    Lost(%):
    1.1kg(1.31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's more than what i paid yesterday with postage!

8. Poppysparkle

Poppysparkle Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(20.96%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Yup, I agree...I had decided to do it all sensibly when I get back from hols in Egypt, as in eat sensibly and exercise, then I thought, oooh, an offer, I might do another month. I then realised that it was one big con as it is more than I have paid for box of Exante since before
    Xmas...in fact, the last pack I bought last week with postage was cheaper. I think they've now lost a customer in me, because I don't really take kindly to that. I know it's not much money different, but it's the principle!!

9. peony

peony Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(17.24%)
    Diet:
    Lost 10 stones on LL/Exante a couple of years ago, have regained several stone so giving WW a go.
    Agree. I soon need to buy my last packs to get me to goal- approx a month's worth plus rtm. This has caused me to start looking at alternatives. They must think we're daft- fat and daft lol!

10. Linda1971

Linda1971 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(16.39%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I got the email too. Not happy at all. Shame as I like the packs but not those tactics:mad:

11. tamz

tamz Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(12.5%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I hadn't ordered since way before Christmas, so I think it's quite a good offer. 50% discount is still really good. I hope they don't take the offer off completely, as this is a much better deal than I was paying last year!

Hope everyone is doing well. I've ordered my BP today and hopefully I'll get back onto the WS easily. I'll keep you updated :)

Tamz
    xx

12. yummy101

yummy101 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(22.13%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I don't know what everyone is getting so upset about. Yes, it's a marketing ploy, but probably more for the newbies/ returners rather than existing customers. Yes it is obvious that it is not cheaper than the previous offer, but it is still cheap and discounted and a hell of a difference to LL. Need to look at the bigger picture. They are a company trying to make money in a very difficult market therefore, they need to try different strategies to tempt people to buy their product.

It isn't enough of an reduction in discount to put me off - it is still s huge discount!!

I've stop rambling now.....sorry!

13. Miss Demeanour

Miss Demeanour I.P. Freely

Start Weight:
    132.1kg
    Current Weight:
    132.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    one off the interweb...
    Actually, I quite agree. Every company has to put their prices up occasionally, And for a diet company it makes business sense for them to do it in feb. I was just explaining their rationale for the 'free P&P offer'. If they had just put their pack price up by a tenner without some sort of temporary buffer, then there'll be even more of an uproar!

I consider myself quite fortunate to have got one order in before the price change, but the extra £2.50 a week won't put me off ordering any more. From what I've read, the similarly priced competition are nothing to write home about, anyway.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.