Total Solution Exante newbie cant start!! :(

Lolly82

10st gone on slimming w exante newbie! Hi all managed to lose 10st on slimming world have also over the last year managed to put 3 st back on (pregnancy I'm blaming hehe!) he's now 10 weeks old and my eating is out of control grrrrrr to myself! Can't seem to stick to any plan and you'd think after the dramatic loss I'd have the controlled eating under control!!! Errrrr nope food hog in me is back with a vengeance! Decided on excluding it totally with exante, which I know works but I've had the four week pack for 11 days with the excuse 'I'll start tomorrow' hmmmmm :/ stuck in food gluttony hell and can't get in the zone despite the photos I've sprawled everywhere as a svelte size 12 and the clothes oh the beautiful clothes!!!! What's going on??! Anyone else felt/experienced this???

Wow! 10st loss! That's a major achievement!! I think you have to be in the right place in your head to do a diet like this! When I did a TFR diet last time I really wasn't in the right place mentally to do it and I only lasted 4 days on it - this time I was in the zone right from the start and stuck to it 100% for three weeks - then fell off the wagon and haven't quite managed to get back on since!! Like you I kept thinking ill restart tomorrow (quite a few tomorrow's have gone since!) I have to keep telling myself why I want to do this and why I need to get back on track and I'm hoping to be back on track tomorrow! Just take the plunge and start tomorrow! Seeing the pounds melt away will keep you going :)

Yep. I can totally get ya honey! I don't know what gets into my head when I'm in the 'scoff zone' and it happens particularly with/after every special occasion :-( 20lbs went on during & after Xmas, I just couldn't stop, I was going berserk, eating sooo much and mostly junk, I really could not stop. Then my hubby made an innocent remark about my size that crumbled me, plus I was down to just three outfits I could get in and I was just so damn miserable that something in me snapped. I decided enough was enough, I wasn't going to be a fat cow any more! But I needed a quick fix, I knew I wouldn't have the staying power if I only lost a pound a week (as I have on WW many times.) So I ordered my Exante pack, told my hubby what I wanted to do (he was dubious about a VLCD but he agreed to support me however he could) and I haven't looked back. The ketosis benefits of no hunger is fantastic, once you get through the first tough few days its easy and I just kick myself for not doing it months ago! I was going to join WW for the remainder of my journey but I'm really enjoying the freedom from choosing/thinking/worry about food, so I've decided on taking this all the way to goal :)

Thanks guys :) have started today, shopping day of all days lol! Reckon I'm going to do the online shopping so I don't have to endure the aisles of fooooood!! Feeling focused after I'm now down to four pairs of palazzos and a pair of wide leg jeans! (Pear shaped.... so weight loves my ass n thighs!) I threw every piece of clothing out once I reached a size 12! And I refuse to buy a 16 now the post pregnancy 14's are getting tight! Soooooo angry with myself :/ :( but onwards to next week when I know I'll feel better!!

Should add that despite the massive loss I've been lucky in the saggy skin dramas that some peeps have :(......it's all shrunk back rather well :) lol but I do think that's because I was a permanent fixture at the gym! Can't even blame the gain on pregnancy too much it was after he was born.....pigged out something rotten!!

I don't want the hassle of food right now it needs taking out of the equation and I know this will be the perfect plan for that!

Start weight 14 st 3lb ( I was 10st 11lb last jan!!)

God I'm nervous :/ wahhhhhh x

Hi guys, I started the plan yesterday and the first day went ok, today tho I have really struggled, and av had to have sum milk in my coffee,but not all of them, I've tried the veg soup and the tomato and found that I gagged on them both. Really don't like them at all, so tomorrow I'm trying the porridge out, fingers crossed it will be better. I had the gastric bypass four yrs ago and lost 8st, but unfortunately I've put 3+a half st back on, so I'm on this to see if I can shrink my stomach back to wot it was after my opinion. I don't usually find that I get hungry but my head won't stop thinking about food, and I mean all the time :( . I've bin told the first 3day's are the worst. Plz tell me this is true, I need as much support that I can get. Thank you.xxx

Last edited:
Hi new lady, and well done on making the first step. Of course you can do it. By getting back here you've proved you want to. This diet, being TFR, should see the weight come off pretty quick and shrink your stomach. And yes, it does get much easier! Once ketosis kicks in, anywhere between 2-5 days, you'll feel much better. My lethargy too a couple of weeks to wear off but now I feel completely normal. Of course I still struggle to be around real food but I've put in place coping strategies, for instance, whilst the family are having dinner I have a bath. No one is allowed to snack in front of me (wont do them any harm!) and we all agreed to give up dinners out and takeaways until our holiday in Aug, and everyone makes me tea to 'be nice to poor mummy'!!! They can see the physical difference in me and they're so proud that they are happy to help keep me on track. Just find some ways to help yourself and put your foot down with people around you. And spend lots of time on here! Really keeps you occupied and the reassurance and advice is wonderful. xxx

Hi Lolly and welcome :welcome2:

Hi hun just thort I'd give u an update, well day six is nearly done, still find I'm wanting normal food but I'm not actually hungry, I had a few cocktail hotdog sausages, and tonite I've ad a bit of chicken, which I read wudnt knock me out of ketosis, I've decided that on Monday I'm goin to go on the ws programme to see if my stomach has shrunk back, will keep my meal small tho, thank you so much for ur support the other day, it Realy helped,x

Back