Total Solution Exante Newbie - support pleeease! :-)

Cozboz

Hello All!! I am new to Exante/Minimins too (so I hope I'm posting this in the right place :p) Only just recently discovered Minimins and feel SO inspired by you guys! I've tried every diet under the sun in the past couple of years trying to shift the four stone weight gain which I aquired in 8 months (PCOS) and have failed everytime (major lack of motivation/ generally feeling very helpless) however, time to stop feeling sorry for myself and GET ON WITH IT! A friend of mine recently lost a similar amount of weight on VLCD this and your stories have made me realise it IS possible and I need to get over my negative way of thinking. I'm hoping that you guys might be able to help me with that? :) Sooooo....I am on Day 1 of Exante. Had a shake for breakfast (vanilla)- very nice :) a shake for lunch (chocolate) - very nice :) :) and hopefully a soup for dinner? Hoping to get though the first day and then the first week - mini goals! Thanks for reading - I didn't mean for it to become an essay!! Xxxxx

Welcome along! This is a great place to come either to keep motivated or just for general support and tips. I've been on exante for seven weeks now and I'm not sure I could have done it without minimins! Are you doing total solution? At times it gets hard but keep going and I promise halfway through week three you'll forget all about food. You'll even have to remind yourself to eat your shakes/soups! Keep us informed :) xx

welcome Cozboz l am on day 4 now and l think ketosis has set in as l dont feel hungry, l lost 3and a half stones last year with tfr diet but put weight back on through pigging out, l could kick myself,but l know this diet does work and you get so much support and motivation on this site Your first couple of days can be a bit tough,but drink plenty and think of the end results it will be worth it ,take a look at the what you can drink thread , l found it really useful and l love the bouilion its tasty and fills me up ,so good luck and keep us posted after your weigh in,hugs and xx

Thank you so much for getting back to me - I am struggling already. It really is a big help. I was just sitting here thinking 'I'll start again tomorrow and give it a 100%" (had a couple of biscuits at work today - WHYYYYY!!!) but now I've read your replies I'm just about to have a shake for dinner
:) I think maybe that's my problem - I'm definetly an 'all or nothing' person and it's something I need to stop doing. If I slip up get straight back on it? It's a strange situation we get ourselves in isn't it? I get comfort/enjoyment from food because I'm not getting it from any other area of my life BECAUSE of my weight BECAUSE of the comfort I get from food? My, this is already sounding like therapy! You'll have to forgive me, once I get going...still, I know I NEED to do something about it and get out of this rut and yet I've never been able to manage it. I'll definetly keep in touch (even if it is just to moan or rant/generally let everything out) and hope you will too :) LucyDee - I've seen your YouTube videos - absolutely AMAZING! They're so positive, you're doing ace! Angelamee - thank you for the tips :) you've done it once and you'll do it again. Can't wait for Ketosis to come although I actually don't think I feel toooo hungry I think I'm just used to rewarding myself with food and I'm missing that psychologically? Either way the results will be worth it I'm
Sure. Thanks guys!! Xx

Hi All!!, I am new to Exante and Minimins also and have just placed an order for Exante so hopefully will be delivered tomorrow and i can start!!I have researched all the meal replacement products and it seems that Exante is one of the better ones to try??!! (well i am hoping!!) I am sure I will be needing lots of advice and support. But I agree with you Cozboz that it is just not about feeling hungry, it is the psychological stuff that goes on as well but i am determined to do it and i know you all can!! Sorry if I have posted in the wrong place!!Thanks!!xx

Hello!! You've not posted in the wrong place at all :) that's exactly why I posted originally - in the hopes of meeting people that are going through the same things. I'm already taken back at how supportive and friendly people are and think it will definitely help keep me on track! I think I may be glued to this esp the first few days whilst I'm still adjusting/before I've seen any results :) its lovely to start on such a high xxx

Hi and welcome Cozboz & Muffin, you've made a good choice in exante and in doing a vlcd, they really do work. Have a good wander round the site and really feel free to post wherever - best of luck to you both.

Morning! I'm awake already (and starving hungry) and I actually dreamt about food all night?! Is this normal? I think I'm going to learn a lot about myself and my weaknesses whilst doing this. I can't believe it's day 3 (or day 1 as I haven't managed to be 100% yet) and I'm psychologically craving food enough to be dreaming about it - definitely something to work on! Xx

Morning cozboz, I think it's perfectly normal to dream about food whilst doing this especially in the beginning. Once you reach ketosis it will be a lot easier I promise. Just take it one day at a time . The first few days are tough for us all . I am starting today (daughter gets married 5 weeks tomorrow and my dress bought in march now won't fit ) I am expecting a tough few days but I can guarantee that it will pass. Keep drinking the water it is vital. THE MORE YOU DRINK THE MORE YOU SHRINK !!! Get that one perfect day under your belt and others will follow.

good luck! stick with it and you'll see the results :)

ANOTHER update (sorry, it's the only thing keeping me going at the moment though!) I'm just on my first shake of the day for lunch as I've realised that I struggle much much more mid afternoon and that's when I've been caving in. So my plan was lunch, mid afternoon and dinner instead? I've had a bottle of coke zero this morning and it did really help! I know I've read somewhere that coke zero is ok to drink but should it only be in desperate situations or would a bottle each morning to get me through until lunch be ok? Can I still class this as a 100% day (so far :))

Lozza58 - thanks :) I keep having to tell myself it'll pass. And as for the dreams - i'll see what tonight brings. Aslong as I'm not sleep walking down to the fridge I don't mind too much! Ha. As for the water I am struggling with the constant need for the loo. Filled a big litre bottle full of water to take to work with me and keep me away from the massive tin of biscuits, cake, crisps and sausage rolls we have in our office!! Xx

It sounds like you're doing brilliantly. Slipping up a few times is to be expected and it's really good you chose not to use it as an excuse to slip more. As for being worried about coke zero, I wouldnt be. I drink it alllll the time. I normally get cans and when I can afford it I'll have three or four in a day. As far as I can see it hasnt affected anything. The only thing I would say is to be mindful you don't start replacing water with coke, a trap I sometimes fall into. Throughout the day I have to remind myself to get some water! How are you liking the products? And which pack did you get? X

I actually bought a bumper pack of everything a few months back - LOVE the shakes (chocolate is by farrrrrr my favourite however) bars I found ok - struggled with the chocolate and orange. Didn't like the soups much but I am much more sweet toothed than savoury something that's only really happened to me since my weight gain and pcos. Maybe something to do with carb craving and insulin resistance? So this time I only ordered the shakes and if I get desperate for something savoury I thought slimmer soups would be ok instead? I do love the chocolate shakes though and have thougt about just buying a load of those although I'm concerned that the carb content is slightly higher and I'm worried i might not reach/maintain ketosis. How are you finding things now this far on? Xx

Dreaming about food is normal, you might find you have the most 'real' dreams where you believe you have actually eaten, it's amazing how the mind works. Re the coke zero, I can drink it fine but some people find that it makes them really hungry so watch your hunger patterns and see if it affects you that way.

The physical hunger will stop when you're in ketosis, you really don't feel hungry then though you can still have that mental hunger of 'I want.....' but you shouldn't actually feel hungry.

Cozboz have you tried Marigold Bouillon? It makes a gorgeous savoury drink that you can have while doing a vlcd, I usually have a drink at lunchtime as I always have my 3 packs during the evening.

HI, have your packs as it suits you, we are all different. My bad time is around 4ish have you tried maybe splitting the packs and having a smaller shake for breakfast and another half pack in the afternoon. You will find lots of advice and tricks on here . i like some of my shakes made into a custard so i can eat with a spoon somehow feels better than a drink. I nearly always use more water than suggested, you just make it work for you as long as you have all the packs your allowed its fine.

Hi!! I am eager to start but my parcel wont be delivered until Tuesday now :(. Think i am all prepared, with bottled water/coke zero in cupboards!! but just wanted to ask about what mint strips can be used as i have heard that bad breath is a side effect?? are Listerine ones ok??? also i did the Lighter Life diet a few years ago (for a week!) but i had a lot of probs going to the loo. is there any fibre supplements that can be taken?? or are they not needed??? would appreciate any comments or ideas!!!! Many Thanks xxx

3rd shake of the day and I am SO HUNGRY!! In one of my 'I'll never lose it' moods. Need to snap out of it. I think I've just been so unhappy in my body for so long I can't imagine it massively changing. Is this a normal thing to to think? To look at your body and think itll never be any different?Silly I know, Sorry for the negative thoughts! Reading everyone's stories/ experiences of Exante has helped me stay on track and not reach for the food yet again tonight though. My mid afternoon shake was vanilla and I added some coffee to it - gorgeous! Is this ok to do? Or should I avoid coffee? Questions!! Sorry!

Black coffee is fine, and so you can add it to your vanilla shake no problems. As for the negative thoughts firstly there is no need to apologise! I can promise you every single person on here has felt the same or similar at some point! Up until one week ago I couldn't see any difference innmy appearance and was getting a bit fed up. Then I looked back at the first video I did and I couldn't believe the difference in my face! So it just goes to show when you think you aren't getting anywhere it's just the insecurity demons messing with your head! I can say for sure if you stick to this diet you will do incredibly well. We are all here every time you're feeling low and we all want you to do well so never feel bad about having a bit of a whine on here! Keep going, I promise after your first weigh in you will start to see just how quickly this diet can kick our fat butts into shape :) xx

Oh and muffin, I stick to the sugar free breath spray from boots or SuperDrug. As for toilet trouble, I've been just fine and I only have the shakes and bars xx

Hi cozboz and muffin, glad you've both made a start on Exante. Coz, I'm a pcos sufferer too, and struggled for years to ever lose any weight. vlcds are great for us, now I've realised that I must eat low carb forever to keep it off.
Muffin, I do struggle to go to the loo, so I try psyllium husk capsules daily. Also, depending how bad the situation gets, I either take a dulcolax or two, which usually take around 6-8 hours to work, or glycerin suppositories which are more immediate.
Good luck both.

Back