Exante Porridge compared to LL/Cambridge??

Poppysparkle

Silver Member
Anyone tasted all three of these??

I hate and detest Cambridge porridge, most vile thing I've tasted (apart from LL porridge!!). :eek::jelous:

Does Exante porridge taste any better?

Thanks!

LOL!! I'm thinking about it still....I love the thought of porridge, but Cambridge and LL truly makes me gag.....

hmm , I loved the maple CD porridge , although I do find the exante one very different ...the way I make it it tastes more like rice pudding and is lush , from all the people I know who have tried it I would say 95% love it .. although everyone is different

I've read it has a vanilla-like taste and it quite sweet.

Not sure about this as I used to have my (real) porridge with salt :eek:

Still, it'll make a welcome change from the SHAKES :ashamed0005:

I've read it has a vanilla-like taste and it quite sweet.

Not sure about this as I used to have my (real) porridge with salt :eek:

Still, it'll make a welcome change from the SHAKES :ashamed0005:

Hmmm, that's what I thought when I got some from Cambridge and LL....it tasted like wallpaper paste (or what I imagine that to taste like, never actually been desperate enough to try that one!!). However, I had the Maple one on Cambridge and it was truly foul. I had to hold my nose and managed to get it down....just. I took the rest back. I mean, I don't like the Exante chocolate shake, it stinks to me, but I could drink it if it was all I had. The porridge on Cambridge? No thanks, would rather starve!! :D

I really like the exante porridge, it's quite runny if made exactly to the instructions but it's easy to get it how you like it.

Tell you what, I'll send you one out to try if you like as I've just received my box full.

Aww, that's so sweet of you!!!! You keep them though...they are expensive!!! I'll order a mixed pack of stuff, and I'll buy one porridge in addition, so I'll get them next month if they are nice.

I do hope you like yours after getting a whole box!! And thank you again for the lovely offer!! :D

When you get your porridge try making it up with 200mls of boiling water, adding a sweetener, small amount of nutmeg & cinnamon to taste, mix thoroughly and then microwave for 30 secs, stir and another 30 secs.
Makes it nice and creamy!
(recipe courtesy of Determinator!)

Aww, that's so sweet of you!!!! You keep them though...they are expensive!!! I'll order a mixed pack of stuff, and I'll buy one porridge in addition, so I'll get them next month if they are nice.

I do hope you like yours after getting a whole box!! And thank you again for the lovely offer!! :D

You're welcome - I have so many, plus 84 shakes just arrived!

When you get your porridge try making it up with 200mls of boiling water, adding a sweetener, small amount of nutmeg & cinnamon to taste, mix thoroughly and then microwave for 30 secs, stir and another 30 secs.
Makes it nice and creamy!
(recipe courtesy of Determinator!)

Good tip.

How do you 'mix' it.

I tried just stirring it in with a spoon (cold water), but was left with a lot of lumpy bits in the end. I guess I expected it to mix like Ready Brek, but it's not quite like that :eek:

Is it worth using my shaker bottle before putting it in the bowl?

lol starlight, sweet tooth by any chance? ;)

I quite fancy trying the porridge but I hate runny porridge, if you make it up with less water so its a bit thicker does it work ok? If so I might get some.xx

The exante porridge is sweet, but its much nicer than cambridge which was vile .

Those of you that have the porridge for "breakfast", do you think it will help you get in to the habit of having real porridge when done?

Divster thats wat I liked about the thought of having it, its kinda halfway to a healthy sensible meal plan without trying...porridge, then a soup,only have to add a meal. Thinking even more that I might get it as today I started to feel really poorly waiting til 12 to eat.xx

Thats why in the early days I do 4 packs, then you can space them better while still hungry. 11am, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm. Its what I do anyway, still get a big loss on 4 packs. At least until firmly in ketosis

I'll stick to 3 coz I'm tight lol but I might start having half a shake or half a bar. I get travel sick sometimes anyway but now I get it after only 5 minutes in the car super dizzy and feel like I'm gonna chuck lol...o well hopefully wont last too long.xx

Scanbran said:
Good tip.

How do you 'mix' it.

I tried just stirring it in with a spoon (cold water), but was left with a lot of lumpy bits in the end. I guess I expected it to mix like Ready Brek, but it's not quite like that :eek:

Is it worth using my shaker bottle before putting it in the bowl?

I mixed it initially with a fork to kind of mush in the oats and then the rest just stir with a spoon. If you use boiling water to mix initially then do the 30secs x2 you'll be amazed at how creamy it actually gets. The first time I made without the help of determinator's recipe, it was like porridge soup... Ewwww!

I've not tried it without a sweetener but might have to as Starlight suggests.

Back