Exante vs other VLCD's?

Loucille2

Just wondering who has done which diets in the past?

My friends have done Lipotrim and had great results. I did this Exante cause my nearest Lipotrim pharmacy is a half hour drive away but now I'm into it, I'm not sure how they coped with such a limited range of "food." One of the things I like is that I can have different tastes throughout the day. To be honest, I feel like I'm eating more often now!

Just wondered how Exante compared to others...

L xox

There's a pinned post about this subject :)

I've only done lipotrim before - exante is higher carb, but a much better range of food, cheaper products, better website and it's SO much nicer not having to plan my life around a weekly pharmacy visit - also the bars are amazing in comparison to the cardboard lipotrim ones! To bring the carb count down I am doing 2 exante products plus some pure protein (tuna/beef/chicken) and a berrocca.

Ooh, that sounds interesting. I'm not sure I'm I Ketosis - have been using Ketostix and it's still coming up negative so I might swap to that if I don't get into it soon. What are your losses like? (sorry, I can't see the signatures!)

My losses from signature are:
-8, -5, -2, -4, -4, -2, -4, -3, -3
2st 7lb gone in nine weeks!

I'm due to weigh in today but am missing it as I'm in a hotel so will have to wait another week! My version of the diet obviously isn't officially sanctioned, but it really works for me - if I have a very busy day I can have a shake and a can of tuna for breakfast and not need anything else until 5/6pm. I just have a theory that smaller person = smaller carb requirement for ketosis, on the whole.

That was my thought. I was doing no carbs before Exante with mixed results (it was very reliable before having a baby) and I was surprised to see how many carbs there are in the products. Don't get me wrong, I think it's working but a little later on I might swap to your suggestion. Kinda like your own version of WS!

My friend lost 6 stone with lighter life and has kept if off for over 2 years now and looks fab, I know her counsellor as well and would love to be able to do it but it is just so expensive I just couldnt afford it. I tried Cambridge and did it for 2 weeks and had a fab loss but I just couldnt be bothered to go to someone's house and have them try to flog me things I didnt need and that too was quite expensive. I'm really looking forward to getting into Exante its the easiest option for me, cheap, fast delivery and this forum is fab for honest support without anybody trying to get anything out of you!
Jen x

I didn't get into ketosis on Exante the carbs were simply too high for me. Weight has no bearing on the number of carbs you can tolerate and what you have to drop to to get into a ketogenic state. Everybody has a different resistance to carbs and thats one of the reasons Atkins say drop to 20 net carbs per day and slowly work back up. Having done that many years ago anything above about 45 knocked me out.

I switched to S & S and achieved ketosis within days of starting, it has vastly more variety, although I do not eat the bars at all, instead if I really want a bar I 1/2 and atkins advantage with hubs, but thats a very rare occasion.

I've had several weekends drinking and stayed in ketosis, nibbled on cheese and ham and generally been far from 100%, but I'm delighted with my losses on S & S, I would never have stuck to Exante as I was literally starving all the time.

Back