Exante with food

Hi
I am new to the forum and one of the few men on here, so go easy on me!
A couple of years back I was 14 stone and decided to do Lighter Life Lite and managed to get down to 11 stone 7 pounds in just over a month.
Slowly but surely the weight has crept back on and I was 12 stone 10 pounds as of last Sunday.
I bought the Exante total solution pack 28 day shakes and bars and started on Monday.
I want to try get my BMI back to under 25 before I go on holiday on Sept 22nd.
I have found it really difficult the last few days and have been adding a meal following the Lighter Life Lite guidelines.
The hunger/ rumbling has all but gone but today was hard, severe headaches, sweating and dizzyness, really hope this has gone by the end of the week.
Anyway the question I want to ask is;
Are the Exante shakes/bars more or less the same as what you get on lighter life lite?
I intend to stop the evening meals after a week or so.
Any help appreciated, sorry for rambling!

Last edited:
Hi John, I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question as I'm a VCLD first timer, but I'm sure if you search this forum you should find your answer. Other option is to compare the nutritional information on both websites? Either way, good luck hon. x

Hiya!

I did lighter life (4 pks a day) a few years ago and lost a substantial amount of weight am now on exante (1 week total) and now gradually increasing foo to join slimming world.

What do you want to know about the 2 sets of meal replacements specifically? They both provide 100% recommended nutrients etc but the exante packs must be slighter higher cals as 3 pks provide around 600 cals whereas when I did LL ; pks provided around 550. Not much difference there though. Obviously the main difference is the cost but you are really paying or the counselling side of LL.

What else did you want to know?

Thanks, that's fine.
I'm doing 2 shakes, one bar and then a meal from LLL guidelines.
Seems to be working.
Seeing as my BMI is now under 26 I think it's a good plan.
I thought the meal replacements were slightly more but it's not too significant.
LL counseling was not for me, there was only one other bloke on the sessions and we both didn't want to be there, just grabbed the packs and left asap!
Exante is much cheaper and easier, is it the same company?

Hi stern John,

I too did LL about 4 years ago and lost 6 1/2 stone in 5 months, I didn't really like the counselling side although I do get where there coming from unfortunately 2 house moves and one more baby later saw the weight creep back up, I was 4lb heavier when I started exante than when I started LL. I've got to say the only difference for me this time is I will have the occasional meal out, I was too scared to do it on LL incase my counsellor could tell!! So the weight is a little slower this time but I think what you are doing is actually better, you haven't put a great deal of weight back on so you must be being careful with your food anyway, I think by having the meal it is easier to adjust once you have got to your target weight, I intend to introduce meals for the last part of my journey as this was the bit I found hard once I got to target at LL I just stopped the packs and ate!!
I would say if the weight is coming off keep doing what your doing now, if you lose it too quickly before the hols you may be back to square one after, but that's just in my experience. Good luck with the plan.

Thanks for the encouragement!
Although I it's not an official plan it seems to work and it means if I go out I can still have a salad with some meat and not feel like a total outcast!
Hats off to those that can do just the three packs because I'm not sure I could.
It was mostly beer and weekend treats that put the weight back on for me, just need to be more careful with my portion control once I've completed the plan.

Hi Stern John

I am a newbie to Exante, but have done both Cambrdige and Lighter Life in the past. To me they are all pretty much the same. Exante is cheaper, no travelling to see councillors and a fairly wide range of packs to try. On Ligher Life I did both packs only and packs and meal. Cambridge the same. This time I might mix it up a little, if I can manage with 3 packs, no food I will and if some days need a meal I will. I am the same as you, if out with family or friends, prefer just to have a low carb meal and be done with it. The weight might come off a little slower, but certainly quicker than other diets where you mess around for weeks to just lose a few pounds.

Anyway good luck........

Hi Stern John

I am a newbie to Exante, but have done both Cambrdige and Lighter Life in the past. To me they are all pretty much the same. Exante is cheaper, no travelling to see councillors and a fairly wide range of packs to try. On Ligher Life I did both packs only and packs and meal. Cambridge the same. This time I might mix it up a little, if I can manage with 3 packs, no food I will and if some days need a meal I will. I am the same as you, if out with family or friends, prefer just to have a low carb meal and be done with it. The weight might come off a little slower, but certainly quicker than other diets where you mess around for weeks to just lose a few pounds.

Anyway good luck........

Back