Excercise vs vlcd

Roopareddy

Hi I am new to this forum. I am on Cambridge diet plan on vlcd ss. I have little confusion about exercising routine. In first week I lost 5lbs without any exercise. On second week I lost 21/2 lbs with two day yoga but have inch loss. In third week I lost 41/2 lb with four day Pilates, yoga, body balance. On forth week I lost only 1/4lb with help is spinning, trx, cx worx, but have just little inch loss. I didn't get where the problem was. Can any one help me why I couldn't loose much weight.
Cheers
Roopa

I have the same thing im not loosing a thing and im going to the gym everyday doing spinning and stuff...............so frustrating!!! Thinking maybe i should be eating more!!!

Really heavy exercise on a VLCD is not advised... because on a VLCD you're barely having enough calories for basic functions and if you overdo it, your body will begin to break down a more dense energy source - your muscle! Be careful - especially if your body is not used to doing that sort of exercise on a regular basis from before you started the diet.

I may be wrong - but that is what I have understood from reading around the forum. Do a little bit of research into it, but I would generally advise on lighter exercise until you are done and eating more properly. :) Exercise is good - but in moderation when on such restricted calories!

x

Ive decided to give a week a go with no exercise and see what happens xxx

Hi there,

When I was doing the lipotrim diet and got into the 13's I felt like I had loads of energy so I decided to start jogging and cycling as it was the cheapest and most convenient for me. I'd never exercised before and it was a struggle to do half a mile at first but it wasn't long before I was doing several miles every morning with a hard bike ride afterwards.

At no time did I experience any problems, my energy levels were always high and I only ever stopped pushing further because of my ankles, stitch or other aches and pains.

The way I saw it, I was being provided with all the vitamins I needed and the ketosis provided me with any extra energy I required from my body fat (isn't that how it works?)

Saying this, I wasn't losing much weight while exercising at this level to the point the chemist thought I was cheating and eating food but I just put it down to muscle growth. So in my experience, you lose more sitting on your @rse doing nothing, but where is the fun in that.

Well im on my week without exercise and hopefully i can get lower in the next three weeks and then bring in exercise after that!!! Its so de motivating seeing no scale movement or inches..............so ill keep you updated!!!! xxx

I was under th opinion that muscle and fat weight for weight actually weigh the same Its the density that is different ! So 1lb of fat is the same as 1 lb of muscle ! You may retain more water when building muscle and that can affect weightloss, protein is very important in the repair of muscle after exercise .

I was under th opinion that muscle and fat weight for weight actually weigh the same Its the density that is different ! So 1lb of fat is the same as 1 lb of muscle ! You may retain more water when building muscle and that can affect weightloss, protein is very important in the repair of muscle after exercise .

These two photos below sums it up well the density difference...
407067_494357053952220_2031281024_n.jpg

Hi, I am on Lipotrim for the last 2 weeks. Felt like would like some movement so tried 30 mins on treadmill and after 30 mins on crosstraner. Eventually felt very tired, slept the rest of day. Maybe everybody reacts to exersises diferently.

Back