Excercise

maddie_tc

Hi guys! On day 2 of induction- I feel like incorporating some proper exercise and planning to get a gym membership today - I only have the last few pounds left to loose is it ok to do weights/cardio while on induction?? I really feel like doing some exercise now when I'm eating (gone from Cambridge to Atkins). Have a great day!!

xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It's ok to exercise (even, recommended on the Atkins website), just take it steady since you are only 2 days in, your body will need a few weeks to adapt to the diet and you probably don't want to be pushing yourself too hard initially at least for the first week. I'm just starting to add exercise right now too and not having any problem at all, infact i feel more energetic than ever ;).

Thanks losingit! I really feel like working out (weirdly enough!) but I will definitely be taking it slow! Have a horrible head ache today :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I found my endurance was seriously affected the first couple of weeks low carb, and I was more prone to injury. I really would recommend scaling it back for a few weeks and going easy on yourself. The good news is that after the initial "carb-flu" slump, a lot of people report feeling much more energetic and motivated than they did before.

We went to the gym in early induction and it did zap us abit, so still went just kept it light, now feeling tonnes better, 6wks in :) loads more energy and motivation too :) good luck x

Back