Excercising to lose weight faster?

Samstar

Hi Guys,
Just wondering if any of you know if excercising makes you lose the weight faster when on SS .

I have heard mixed reports on this and I have been doing a power walk a couple of times a week..

I would like to excercise more as this makes me feel good but I am just scared in case this slows my weight loss.

:confused: If any of you have found out if it slows or speeds up weight loss from previous experience please let me know. Thanks

LighterLife used to say that you should walk 10000 steps a day (haven't been there in 4 years so I don't know if they still encourage that) - in my group there was me and another lady and we were both 18stone and the same height. The only difference between us was that she always walked 5 miles a day and for the first 3 months I didn't necessarily get that in every day. She lost 1lb a week faster than me.

You might get the odd stay the same week if you exercise whilst your body repairs muscle and does all that good stuff, but you will get smaller - you may weigh 4lbs more at the end of a 10 week run than someone the same BMI, but you'll be sleeker and more toned than someone who did not. Also you will be redusing your body fat percentage which counts for a lot

Little steps - if you were a frantic Body Pumper before SS, then do a couple of sessions on lighter weights - if you were a hill walker like me - you can do 12 mile walks on SS as long as you take lots of water and warm clothes! (I find myself getting a bit too tired to feel safe doing any more, but I have climbed down a mountain on SS!)

Exercise passes the time and increases the amount of calories burned. On a week to week basis you might think 'Bah, I didn't lose as much as that person and I read her diary and I know she sat around painting her nails and watching telly' but over a month the losses will balance out. I know that this time round I measure smaller than I did first time round at the same weight and I have 1% less body fat.

The jury is still out on this - I've seen no hard evidence either way - but from my observations the speedier, more consistent losers seem to be the ones that do a few hours of exercise a week.

i'm still unsure i did alot of exercise last week and had a rubbish loss but it is totm so gonna repert same next week when totm is done and see how that goes.

Back