Extra Easy Excess Skin after weight loss?

Superfree Princess

Silver Member
Hi,
I was wondering if those of you who had lost over 5 stones had a problem with excess skin, I'm a bit concerned that I'll end up with lots.:eek:
Any tips on how to prevent this would be most appreciated.

Hi,

I've lost 4st 11lbs so far - hoping to get my 5st award at group this week.

I started initially at 15st 7lbs and am now 11st 2lbs.

I haven't got much loose skin at all to be honest.
My tummy could be a bit tighter and the tops if my thighs could be a tad smaller but the skin is not obviously loose.

I started exercising a few times a week in the gym with a Personal Trainer, only 30mins a session. Been doing it about 5weeks now and have already noticed a huge difference, everything is tightening up more.

So don't worry, I don't think you'll have any probs x

Thank you! I had a lot of support - minis, family...

I started at the end of September 2012.

I had great losses for a number of months but in Feb I hit a plateau and kept losing/gaining the same lb or two.
It got me down a bit so I ate a little more than usual which obviously prolonged the plateau.

Finally got my head back into the game and the weight started coming off again a few weeks ago.

I'm now 9lbs left to go to target which will give me an overall loss of 5st 7lbs. Cannot wait to get there! X

I'm so pleased u asked thus, I'm 3st 4lbs into my weightloss hoping to get 6st total. I run 3 times per week since starting sw 22 weeks a go. I have also been doing 30 day shred 2-3 times a week and next week I'm starting a bingo song challenge. But I have tonnes of loose flabby saggy skin on ny tummy, bust, and upper arms. I'm delighted with my weightliss but the saggyness is awful. I do have kids (4 &1) but at only 33 I don't want to have to be covering up even after loising weight!

Such a touchy subject and I think it depends a lot on your Age the younger you are the more elastic your skin is. I was told that drinking lots of water helps and Also keeping skin moisturised and healthy. It's hard the thought of losing all this weight to end up saggy as a result. Not sure i could cope with that :-/ x

I'm 46 and not a pretty sight under my clothes! I have loose skin on my stomach, inner thighs and bust. My bingo wings tend to flap as well. But I tend to keep my clothes on in public, so it's not too much of a problem!

My tummy is becoming an issue... It looks a bit like a scrotum! (I'm half a pound off my six stone)

But I am happier, healthier and feel good in my clothes. I can be active or flirty, fit in a plane seat/ tube seat with room to spare. I can borrow my friend's clothes.

Wrinkly belly is totally worth it!!! X x

My tummy is becoming an issue... It looks a bit like a scrotum! (I'm half a pound off my six stone)

But I am happier, healthier and feel good in my clothes. I can be active or flirty, fit in a plane seat/ tube seat with room to spare. I can borrow my friend's clothes.

Your honesty is refreshing and your description is very visual!

The most important thing is feeling fitter and healthier. Well done on your amazing loss x

Do u know ur right! I am happier, and healthier than I've ever been! I mean this morning I ran for 4km! Never been able to do that before! My saggy skin will prob always annoy me, but I don't (often!) Leave house with no clothes on!!! Positive outlook and keep on,loosing!

Fortunately, we live in a society where it's polite to be dressed in a public place ;-) lol

Well done on the 4km! I've just started running (in the gym mind) and it kills me! X

I've lost 8.5 stone so far, and whilst I'm never going to be able to go arounf uncovered, the loose skin is by no means as bad as examples I've seen on TV programmes. It doesn't bother me, it just looks a mess, but with clothes I'm fine. I think the slower you lose weight, the better the skin situation is likely to be, which is why people on VLCDs, or who've had weight loss surgery, tend to get it worse. At the end of the day though, it's the health benefits of weight loss that matter. :) xx

Fortunately, we live in a society where it's polite to be dressed in a public place ;-) lol

Well done on the 4km! I've just started running (in the gym mind) and it kills me! X

Indeed we do!! Good luck with ur running I am about to complete couch to 5km next week (however its taken me 19 weeks not 9!) And I'm signing up for my first 5km fun run in 4 weeks time! I never thought I'd ever run even for a bus but I actually don't mind it! It's such an achievement to finish!

I've lost 8.5 stone so far, and whilst I'm never going to be able to go arounf uncovered, the loose skin is by no means as bad as examples I've seen on TV programmes. It doesn't bother me, it just looks a mess, but with clothes I'm fine. I think the slower you lose weight, the better the skin situation is likely to be, which is why people on VLCDs, or who've had weight loss surgery, tend to get it worse. At the end of the day though, it's the health benefits of weight loss that matter. :) xx

8.5st bloody hell that's amazing! Well done! I think its the tv programmes that scare me thinking i'll end up like that! But hey Ho, if I can fit in fashionable clothes and run around with my kids that's good enough! And I can always get the hubby to start saving for tummy tuck for my 40th! (i wish!) K

Indeed we do!! Good luck with ur running I am about to complete couch to 5km next week (however its taken me 19 weeks not 9!) And I'm signing up for my first 5km fun run in 4 weeks time! I never thought I'd ever run even for a bus but I actually don't mind it! It's such an achievement to finish!

I'd love to run a 5k! At the moment I can do about 1.5 on a treadmill and the have to stop/slow down to a fast walk.
Slowly slowly I guess. Maybe next year x

Try c25k. It really does work! Managable steps each time!

I mean no offence by this, but "scrotum" is hilarious! Well done on your weight losses and I would swap a wrinkly belly if I could be slim!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi,
I was wondering if those of you who had lost over 5 stones had a problem with excess skin, I'm a bit concerned that I'll end up with lots.:eek:
Any tips on how to prevent this would be most appreciated.

Ive lost nine stone, i have a bit of a loose flabby belly, the way a woman who has given birth might have. If i get on all fours, and gravity does its work it looks quite loose, but standing up its really pretty much ok.

I dont think there is really much you can do, some people seem to have elastic skin that snaps back, and some dont.

I mean no offence by this, but "scrotum" is hilarious! Well done on your weight losses and I would swap a wrinkly belly if I could be slim!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Yes, i can see it myself now, its like i have two...

Back