Excess skin after weightloss?

Asa

Silver Member
Hi, you who have lost a lot of weight, do you have much excess skinn? I have heard that a quick weight loss leaves you more excess skin, is there any thruth in that?

Also, do you have any tips on how to prevent it from happening? I sometimes use oils after showering, but I don't know if it has any effect :). Just wanted to know if anyone tried something that worked, and that they want to share!

Thanks!

People are recommending Bio-Oil, and there are various cellulite creams and so on out there - but at the end of the day, I'm told it takes 6-12 months to sort itself out! :sigh:

Having said that, we can help it along by building up the muscles beneath through weight-training - and I'm going to have regular massages (as soon as my massage therapist can fit me in!) as this increases general blood flow and helps to tone up the skin and carry away toxins.

Yes it can be true, i have some saggy skin looks like cottage cheese on my tum, but i really dont care at this point, i want to get the weight off, Jacey is right about the 6months to a year for your skin to catch up, i also use lots of cream, there is a slight improvement, but a long way to go.

But if you are younger you will have a better chance, not everybody gets it.

I'm hoping as I'm quite young and as I only (ha at only!) have 3.5 stone to lose, it won't be too bad :(

I've ordered some bio oil off the net and am going to use it religiously. Not sure what else I can do.

Oh well, I'd rather be slim and saggy than fat and wobbly!

Im using nivea *my silhouette* its lovely firming gel and seems to be working a treat but going to get some bio oil this week, im also using Sanctuary Spa clay wraps from boots once a week, its a treat and firms up the skin great. Even if it helps a little bit it makes me good and every little helps.

Thank you for the advices, I am not sure how my skin will react, I am 32 years old. But I also rather be slim with some extra skin, than stay like this :). I am villing to wait a year for it to be better also. But I will continue with the oils. Bio oil, that means it is bio-dynamic processed, right? Like Weledas oils for example. Or is it a special brand?

Great advice on the massage and weight training! Maybe it works with.., I can't think of the name in english.., but lightly scrubbing your body either before or during shower. That might help too?

Thank you for the advices, I am not sure how my skin will react, I am 32 years old. But I also rather be slim with some extra skin, than stay like this :). I am villing to wait a year for it to be better also. But I will continue with the oils. Bio oil, that means it is bio-dynamic processed, right? Like Weledas oils for example. Or is it a special brand?

Great advice on the massage and weight training! Maybe it works with.., I can't think of the name in english.., but lightly scrubbing your body either before or during shower. That might help too?

Exfoiliating do you mean? Because yes that definitely does help too, it also helps get rid of cellulite.

Bio oil is a brand name, but it definitely works - it also reduces the appearance of stretch marks.

Exfoiliating do you mean? Because yes that definitely does help too, it also helps get rid of cellulite.

Bio oil is a brand name, but it definitely works - it also reduces the appearance of stretch marks.

Yes! I mean exfoliating. Thanks. I am swedish so thats why I find the words sometimes :D, or know them for that matter!

Ok! I haven't heard of the brand. But I found this web page. I'll try to track them down in Sweden: Bio Oil - Uses

Hi Asa, I lost 3 stones in 4 months on Atkins 6 years ago when i was 40 and i didn't have any saggy skin whatsover, yet i knew people younger than me who did. I suggest you tone up too though as i think that helps. I'm hoping 6 years on I don't get saggy either. x

I'm worried about saggy skin too.I use bio-oil,also nivea my sillhouette(stomach, bum,thighs),dove firming cream(boobs,arms,legs) l'oreal perfect slim pro massage(on arms), and also a massager I bought from a shop that was closing down(the anti cellulite attachment)-actually that reminds me-I bought a few-must put the spare ones on ebay :D I'm 38 and have stretchmarks from having 5 babies, and the skin under my arms is starting to sag but I'd rather lose weight and cope with the skin.

The skin under my arms is starting to sag too but that's not from weight loss - just getting older. it's horrible isn't it? Just as long as my face doesn't sag! ha!

This a great post, asking a very important question. Well done Asa for asking as I too am worried about having loose skin after a big weight loss.

Thanks for checking for me! Thats a really good price! But what I can see they only deliver to UK and Ireland, under "postage and packing" it says "dispatches to United Kingdom, Ireland".

If you send them a message saying will you deliver to sweeden I am sure they will.. (I think you said sweeden)..

I am selling lots on there at the moment and I have had loads of messages saying will you deliver here to countries all over the world I have said yes but the postage will be a little more x

:thankyou:

Ok! Thanks a lot! I will definetly give it a try!

Back