Excess skin weight?

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by fattothin, 28 April 2008 Social URL.

1. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    Just a thought as I'm nearly at my goal, I was just wondering is it possible that I'm closer than what I think?
    As some of you know ive lost 6 stone on LT plus 8lb ish the week prior as I experimented with some LL left over from a friends stash.
    My BMI states my healthy is between 8.5 stone:eek: and 11.5 stone. Realistically I was looking at 12 stone to finish. Problem is im 42 (a youthful looking 42 though:rolleyes:) and I reckon I could have an excess skin issue.
    Could it be possible that the excess skin could weigh the difference between what I am now and 12 stone, so 2 stone of excess, or should I just plod on?
    I am just worried that I take it too far as so many people are saying I look good now, but they would say that, wouldn't they?
    Any suggestions or feedback would be great:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tootiefrootie

Tootiefrootie Wants it Gone!

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Nupo-Vlc
    mm thats an interesting thought Gary... would there be any way you could tone up the excess skin and see if that helps a bit???

4. kellybelly

kellybelly too hot to handle!!

Diet:
    lipotrim
    how do yo feel yorself,,are you happy to carry on or do you think you have done enough,,my chemist told me this morn my ideal weight is 10 stone,,i have never been that or intend on being that 11 will sit me fine,,have you done toning exercises,,

5. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    Like others do:D
    No I don't think ive done enough, personally I want to be 12 ish.
    I do the rowing machine and walking for exercise.
    The BMI, well I just use as a guide,a rough guide at that! I am quite stocky for my size so any where between 12 and 13 is my limit, im 5' 7" and a wee bit.
    I sort of resigned to the fact a tuck could be needed at around 3 grandish.

6. loudei

loudei Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.1%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim & switched to slimming world 31st May
    i think you have lost a serious amount as it is fair play to you
    ive started to think about the excess skin aswell but skipping (with a skipping rope) was recomended to me i have yet to try it but i think excess skin can go away 3 grand is a lot of money imagine if ye could get rid of it your self wot ye could spend the 3 grand on

7. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    yeah women, tucks better lol xx

8. coccinella

coccinella Full Member

Diet:
    lipotrim
    I watched on of those tummy tuck ops on tv the other night and they removed 16lbs of excess skin. Mind you the lady was a lot bigger than you ever were Gary. Anyway a healthy weight of 8.5 stones ! Thats got to be wrong. My son weighs nearly 11 stone and he is like a bean pole. Maybe 8.5 stone if you are 2 foot 6 tall. lol. I would stop when it feels right for you, not for the BMI graph or what others tell you. Personally I think you look pretty good now Gary - I wouldn't go OTT. Julia x

9. busylizzie

busylizzie Full Member

Hi
    I don't know if anyone watched Charlie Walducks weight loss on This Morning. He was 44 stone and a waist of 84inches. He lost 30 stone (waist 36inches) then had a tummy tuck. They removed 10lb of excess skin and it was a LOT of skin.
    Don't know if that helps at all but if you want to lose more then go for it. I wouldn't expect your excess skin would weigh 2 stone but you never know!

10. Toni

Toni Back again - hey ho!

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I guess only a consultant could give you a clear idea of how much your excess would weigh, upon examination hunny :) xxxx
    Maybe, charlie, no fred weighs more than you think now! ;) xxx

11. fattyfattybumbum

fattyfattybumbum Full Member

Diet:
    lipotrim
    Garry its so hard to judge unless you're standing here in front of me.sI should be between 9.5 and 10.3 roughly,but I look my best at 12stone even though im 5ft 5ins I still look good at that weight/I would be seriously worried about any fella 8.5 st I mean even at the low end of the scale thats manorexic material.My ex is 5ft 10inchs and weights approx 13.5/14 stone and he is neither beefy or thin he is average.And i KNOW PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE PC AND SAY "OH garry, Its up to you" etc and it is but don't go to overboard Garry especially if you are starting to get loose skin. Just from my own experience with Doug a friend of mine who lost 8st. Now he lost it all with a radical excersise plan but at 14.5st we started to say ok Doug you look great etc but he carried on untill11st 10lbs and to be honest at 14 he looked **** hot and at 11 he looks like he has a sandbag of skin around his middle. I mean 20st to 14st is an amazing amount but from your photo you look like you are nearer than you think.Look this is my personal opinion nothin else.

12. fattyfattybumbum

fattyfattybumbum Full Member

Diet:
    lipotrim
    I'm also a bit jealous that you weigh less than me!!Wheres the justice in that huh!

13. BellyFlop

BellyFlop Silver Member

Diet:
    LipoTrim
    Excess skin Garry?! :eek:

Stop showing off, Big Boy!:D;)

14. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    Yeah I think the doc is the answer, I will go see him/her in a months time I reckon.
    And floppy belly what you like lol xx

15. BellyFlop

BellyFlop Silver Member

Diet:
    LipoTrim
    Garry, I can't help myself!:D

16. GaynorEm

GaynorEm Proper Little Madam

Diet:
    HealthyEating
    "Excess skin Garry?! :eek:

Stop showing off, Big Boy!:D;)"

Lmao...that really tickled me.

17. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think you will know yourself what weight you feel comfortable at when you get nearer to it.

Your skin does plum back out a bit when you begin eating again as the glycogen stores refill, even if your weight stays the same.

Here is a link to interesting information about BMI calculations.

Body Mass Index calculator you'll like

You nagivate the site by clicking on the links within the page...

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. nictastic

nictastic Says it as it is!!!

Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Diet:
    LT / CD
    Gary, you keep going until you're happy...you have to live with you, and be happy with you xx x how was the LL did it work better?
    Nic xxxx

20. nictastic

nictastic Says it as it is!!!

Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Diet:
    LT / CD
    Don't forget the BMI calculator is about 1000000 yrs old and is way out of date!!!

21. TracyJ

TracyJ Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    You know what i think babe xxxx

22. TracyJ

TracyJ Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    To look at me naked i reckon i look like i could lose another stone easily however i think its down to needing to tone up more! So yeah i think the excess skin is a factor! You look fab honey..please dont shout at me!!:D xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.