Exercise and extra whey protein shakes

ljackson

They say don't exercise on VLCD but as anyone added couple extra 100% whey protein shakes before and after a workout. I only lift weights not cardio, but I don't want to lose muscle so I'm thinking protein shakes will do this and extra calories should still keep the weight loss going. The whey I like is Trec 100% whey and nutrition value per serving with water is calories 95, fat 1, saturated fat 0, sodium 0, carbs 2, sugar 0, fibre 0, protein 21. As you can see very low in fat, carbs and sugar. Purely protein to stop muscle waste. I love weight lifting it completely changes ur body shape and you don't need to do cardio, which suits me. Just that I know a lot people said when exercises they didn't lose weight as body wasn't sustaining enough calories to exercise as well so went into starvation overload.

Hi there,

I love to excercise too, I do Kickboxing twice a week and have continued this during my first week on Cambridge, although my weight loss was not massive ony 5lb I am happier doing it that way. I was advised that if I am going to excerise regularly whilst following a VLCD that it my be better to use an extra food pack on those days, I have had a bar on those days on top of my shakes, I don't know if that' any help, but I don't know much about Whey, try a body building forum, I'm sure one of them would know.

Good luck finding out.

Back