• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

exercise and protein intake

S: 17st2lb C: 13st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 29.9 Loss: 3st13lb(22.92%)
I started TS because the standard advice of eat less and exercise more had left me a size smaller, but with no weight loss. I'd accept that if i was only a couple of stone over, but I'm 6 stone over and that is just too much. I've obviously gained muscle to be weight neutral and a size smaller, but will I be able to maintain the muscle/continue to gain on this programme? I do want to keep up the exercise level i'm doing. I like how I feel when i'm fitter even if it dosen't cause weight loss.

or should I look to switch to SS to add some extra protein? How would I tell if I needed to do this?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Exante say that you're not supposed to start any exercise you weren't doing before you started the diet but as you were already exercising then I dont think it'll be a problem.

Only you can decide if you need to change over from TS. Try doing exercise and see how you feel, if you feel like you would benefit from having a meal as well as your shakes then go onto working solution.
I guess you'll know if to change if you feel faint/weak from doing the exercise.

S: 15st10lb C: 14st1lb G: 11st6lb BMI: 33.8 Loss: 1st9lb(10.45%)
Hi

A diet like this is bound to result in some muscle loss if kept up for long but continuing a weights program will help protect what you have. Be careful though I have had a couple of dizzy spells in the gym and as yet I don't seem to have enough energy to push myself very hard. I am TS so maybe adding a meal would make all the difference.
Good luck

Scanbran

Stupid Member
S: 18st0lb C: 14st10lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 30.4 Loss: 3st4lb(18.25%)
I would just try TS on it's own for a week.

It's proven that the weight comes off quite quickly simply due to the calorie deficit, and it would demonstrate what effect exercise actually has on you.

Because of the carb and protein content in exante, lean muscle is protected, you are losing fat, but you can add cottage cheese with tuna for extra. I have this at night anyway .

Forget VLCD of the 70's where lean tissue was lost, and people died because of it!

S: 17st2lb C: 13st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 29.9 Loss: 3st13lb(22.92%)
I would just try TS on it's own for a week.

It's proven that the weight comes off quite quickly simply due to the calorie deficit, and it would demonstrate what effect exercise actually has on you.
I like the effect of the extra exercise as well though, I am fitter, sleeping better and better able to keep up with the kids

S: 20st7.5lb C: 20st6lb G: 13st7lb BMI: 42.2 Loss: 0st1.5lb(0.52%)
I still exercise.
But I do have stuff like olives and/or feta, or pickles, or a tin of tuna. Sometimes I add bits of protein in my soup too :)
I dont have add ins everyday, but definatley more often than not.
And its not loads either.
Normally about a max of 200 ish cals a day, when I do add in
:)