exercise and protein intake

Discussion in 'Exante' started by toggle, 11 September 2011 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. toggle

toggle Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(22.92%)
    Diet:
    exante TS
    I started TS because the standard advice of eat less and exercise more had left me a size smaller, but with no weight loss. I'd accept that if i was only a couple of stone over, but I'm 6 stone over and that is just too much. I've obviously gained muscle to be weight neutral and a size smaller, but will I be able to maintain the muscle/continue to gain on this programme? I do want to keep up the exercise level i'm doing. I like how I feel when i'm fitter even if it dosen't cause weight loss.

or should I look to switch to SS to add some extra protein? How would I tell if I needed to do this?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blue Butterfly

Blue Butterfly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(27.41%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/MFP
    Exante say that you're not supposed to start any exercise you weren't doing before you started the diet but as you were already exercising then I dont think it'll be a problem.

Only you can decide if you need to change over from TS. Try doing exercise and see how you feel, if you feel like you would benefit from having a meal as well as your shakes then go onto working solution.
    I guess you'll know if to change if you feel faint/weak from doing the exercise.

4. hedgemonkey

hedgemonkey Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(10.45%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Hi

A diet like this is bound to result in some muscle loss if kept up for long but continuing a weights program will help protect what you have. Be careful though I have had a couple of dizzy spells in the gym and as yet I don't seem to have enough energy to push myself very hard. I am TS so maybe adding a meal would make all the difference.
    Good luck

5. Scanbran

Scanbran Stupid Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(18.25%)
    Diet:
    Low Calorie, Low Carb, Low Expectations
    I would just try TS on it's own for a week.

It's proven that the weight comes off quite quickly simply due to the calorie deficit, and it would demonstrate what effect exercise actually has on you.

6. Divster

Divster Banned

Because of the carb and protein content in exante, lean muscle is protected, you are losing fat, but you can add cottage cheese with tuna for extra. I have this at night anyway .

Forget VLCD of the 70's where lean tissue was lost, and people died because of it!

7. toggle

toggle Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(22.92%)
    Diet:
    exante TS
    I like the effect of the extra exercise as well though, I am fitter, sleeping better and better able to keep up with the kids

8. notsoskinnymarge

notsoskinnymarge Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(9.91%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I still exercise.
    But I do have stuff like olives and/or feta, or pickles, or a tin of tuna. Sometimes I add bits of protein in my soup too :)
    I dont have add ins everyday, but definatley more often than not.
    And its not loads either.
    Normally about a max of 200 ish cals a day, when I do add in
    :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.