Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Exercise and weigh-in?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by anna_vixen, 1 February 2011 Social URL.

1. anna_vixen

anna_vixen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    22st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9.5lb(16.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey!
    I have started the couch to 5k programme on Sunday.
    I need to leave a day of rest in between each workout.
    So I thought Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. However, I get weighed in on a Thursday at half 5 and group finishes about half 7.
    Will exercising just before weigh in on a Thursday ruin my weight loss on the scales because of water retention? Or will it not make a difference. I thought about doing it on a friday but I work all day and then have a music lesson so I'm absolutely shattered.

So, is Thursday a good day to exercise as I get weighed in? I would be exercising in the afternoon time and then having a shower etc. Then be going to get weighed.
    Thanks xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. snuggle69

snuggle69 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st11lb(29.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    I have been told not to exercise before weigh in as it does make a difference, I went to the gym 3 hours before weigh once and even though I had been a 100% angel I had a 1lb gain, my c said it was down to the fluid from exercise. Although I suppose if you do it everyweek it will even itself out.

4. Becca1993

Becca1993 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Think it does matter. I have my meeting on a Thursday and tend to exercise at least 3 days a week, but the only day I won't is thursday

5. anna_vixen

anna_vixen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    22st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9.5lb(16.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks guys, I guess I'll have to do it on a Friday and get up early! And go before work! That will be a challenge lol! X

6. Karen.hat

Karen.hat Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(5.4%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    How is of going? I read about this challenge I've always wanted to be able to run but on the three or four times I've tried I've failed miserably as I get too out of breath my chest beats to fast and I just totally fail! Yet I can run on a treadmill
    I'd live to give it ago but need a partner to run with, I'd use my OH but unfortunately for me he's super fit and doesn't understand how I can be so unfit and we end up arguing :-(

7. anna_vixen

anna_vixen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    22st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9.5lb(16.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Im only on day two haha! But so far so good. I need to break my new trainers in though.

My advice is just to go for it! Have a go, get out in the fresh air :) x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.