exercise and weight gain

raquelscatt

I have been doing SW for over 7 months and haven't lost much weight atall. (1 stone 8lbs.) I have about 8 stones to lose.

Whilst I accept I am not a big loser (I do follow it correctly,) I have started exercising to try and and increase my weight loss.

This week however, I have gained 2lb even tho I have been to the gym and done cardio exercise for an hour everyday this week. Plus I have still followed the SW plan. This is my first week at exercising properly.

I want to keep exercising, I have felt great on it this week, but I am worried it will hamper my SW efforts and be a waste of money to keep going to a class each week.

I am going to keep a check on the inch loss side of things, but If I keep at the exercise, when should I see results on the scales?

Any advice you can give please.

Feeling very disheartened tonight :confused:

It's very common to see a gain when you suddenly up your exercise level. Your muscles retain fluid to repair themselves and if you are not drinking enough water this can show as a gain. Make sure you are drinking enough - you need even more when you are exercising - and also that you are eating back some of the calories you are burning as your body needs them to fuel the increased activity. :)

I agree with PatchworkPuss, make sure you drink alot when exercising, otherwise your muscles retain fluid. You also may find your body needs a day off to "recover" from the exercise. I find if I exercise on a number of consecutive days, the weight loss doesn't show, but it will when I take a day off. It should settle down once your body gets used to the extra exercise! Well done and keep going with the exercise - you really will feel better for it.

When I starting exercising, I had smaller losses for the first 2 weeks, and others in our group have reported the same. Don't worry about it and keep up with the exercise.

Back