Exercise and weight loss question

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by RuthG, 26 June 2009 Social URL.

1. RuthG

RuthG Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(32.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    For the last 3 or 4 weeks I've been doing handweights everyday, I've really noticed a difference in my arms already. 5 days ago I started using my step machine, nothing too strenuous, I'm not getting achey muscles in my legs the day afterwards, so I know I'm not hugely working the muscles, but working enough to get a sweat on. I'm just wondering, is this little bit of exercise really going to cause me to retain water in my muscles? I've not lost any weight at all since tuesday, is the increased exercise likely to be the reason? I know I had a huge loss this week so maybe my body is reacting to that and the exercise and going into shutdown lol!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    Does your CDC measure you? Sometimes if you're exercising enough you'll be building up muscle, which weighs more than fat! But, it's better than fat, and you'll tone up more. So if you've added a bit of muscle that might be why in a couple of days you've not lost anything BUT you'll have lost inches!

4. RuthG

RuthG Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(32.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I measure myself but the only thing is I only have my waist measurement from the start, I did hips, arms and bust this week, so I might have to wait a few more days....

5. Caz

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Does your CDC not measure you weekly?

6. RuthG

RuthG Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(32.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    No, she doesn't. She gave me the option to do so when I first started, but I didn't want her to.

7. LizS

LizS Shut up Ethel

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.31%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Hi Ruth
    There was a good thread a few days ago which busted the myth of 'muscle weighs more than fat' in terms of a small amount of exercise. It does, yes, in the longer term, but doing a few handweights and a bit of step will not build enough muscle to make a material difference to your weight, I think is the upshot.
    But you may be right, you may be retaining water in your muscles to support the increased exercise - and you know the answer to that. More water, more water, and then more water!

Otherwise how are you? I have not lost at all this week (Tue to today) either so am a bit grumpy.

Lx

8. Caz

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Yeah you have to be doing a fair bit of exercise to build up enough muscle to make a difference. And as I said, it's worth it in the long run anyway! You should get your CDC to measure you, sometimes you don't notice much of a difference in weight but you'll lose inches, might stop you getting demotivated at those times?

Guys, tuesday was only 3 days ago, there's still time yet! Don't stress or fret my dears, if you've stayed 100% I'm sure you'll lose!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.