Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Exercise before and after ~ we can enjoy it honest

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by size102b, 29 September 2010 Social URL.

1. size102b

size102b Banned

(sorry for spelling mistakes iPhone does it )

Hi I've read on here many times how people 'hate' exercise.

I Used to pre 1.3.10 when I totally changed my life style.

Last year I did 0 exercise I had in the past bit it wasn't the right sort,by this Iean I hadn't found what I enjoyed . I read that we need to find some that we like to stick to a routeen.

Then I discovered Zumba :)

I did ww for 4 weeks then got a second hand treadmill and fir 3 months I did it 5 days a week after 4 weeks if that I added wii just dance. This was to help me lose weight and get a fitness level. I started off at 17st 4lbs a size 24 and aged 40 bmi 44.3 so I was very very unfit, I last year could only do 10 mins on treadmill at 2.5mph yesterday I did 6mph and no out of breath as a warm up.
    I now go to 4-5 Zumba classes a week 1 gym programme and do alot of walking. I weigh 13st 11.5lbs and a size 16.

What I'm trying to say us we can change our life styles, I live alone with 3 children and go to college so I'm very busy
    If you like me have yoyoed try changing your mind to seeing healthy food and exercise as a new life.

If I csn do it most people can just find that exercise you love xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ClareyCakes

ClareyCakes SW Target Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11.5lb(39.79%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Great post! I can't believe the amount of exercise you do it's fab, well done you!
    Also what is Zumba?

I am not a exercise lover, but I do push myself to do something daily. At the moment I only manage 10 minutes on the x-trainer or exercise bike but I stop because I had a caesarean 8 weeks ago and my scar starts to tingle after 10 minutes rather than I am puffed out so I know the more I heal the longer I will able to go.
    I always groan when I start but come off feeling great!
    I was reading the '30 day shred' thread also and was contemplating buying the DVD.

4. size102b

size102b Banned

Hi I hope it didn't sound like do as I do etc it was meant to say even though you hate exercise now you can love it just find the right one.
    Zumba is a form of latin aerobic dance exercise done in intervals one after another for an hour, I know this time I'm in a dress size smaller bit weigh a stone heavier than usual.

I also see
    may grow bored with my exercise or can't go so much but for now I am enjoying it and in 6 months it's helped lose 3.5 stones and go from size 24 to size 16 and mentally it's helped me get a life lol

well done you for starting an exercise routeen especially with a lil one, I had 3 csections so know how hard it is after , I'd say your doing the right thing slowly but regulary and I hope you get to goal asap xx

5. mumtheshopper

mumtheshopper Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    WW
    That is fantastic size102b. Really pleased for you. I ahve always loved exercise and ofen used to do 10k runs. I find now it is impossible. Me excuse as a single Mum is that I just cannot get out to the classes or gym. That's why I',m interested to know how you do it on your own. I do have a wii which I use, and get to the gym or jog when I can, but would love to hear how you get out to do it as a single Mum. Hope I'm not being too nosey!

6. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    I have a very very low attention span when it comes to exercise, but I agree with Cherry, its worth keeping trying things til you find something that you enjoy!

I now go Line dancing once a week, aim for the gym [well, Curves 30 minute circuit training] three times a week, but am currently managing twice with work commitments, and I go a walk with the fella once a month - Like a hill walk, or round a loch, a good proper walk. In the summer I was walking the dogs but now it's darker nights, I need a reflective jacket or something to stay safe on the country roads I live by. I'm getting one this weekend.

I am going to try a spinning class, and zumba when I feel a wee bit fitter. Currently a bit tuckered out with these, to be honest!

Don't give up. I love that post-exercise glowy feeling!!!! :D

Edit - I can't believe I completely forgot about my Wii........ BEST INVENTION EVER! Love the dancing games, can easily while away an hour without realising it!

Last edited: 30 September 2010
  7. size102b

size102b Banned

Mums I live alone with my girls but have a OH but I go to am classes too when kids at school, OH has 2 youngest as I'm gone 1 1/2 hours so it's not so bad, also my eldest is 15 so it's easier as they aren't all little. It is hard though as I have to be really organised as kids go to his after I've cooked and cleaned up got ready and then walked to zumba, Tues I go to zumba 10-11 then gym 11.30 to 1230 as it's in the same place. I don't have anyone to help me except OH so try do exercise when girls are St school that's why I got a treadmill to exercise at home so I can be here with them.
    x

8. size102b

size102b Banned

Auburn I think your doing fantastic , I love wii just dance that's how I built my fitness level up to a better level nut I'm not fit I did 1000metres on the rowing machine at the gym as I told the trainer I do 4--5 zumba classes he must of thought I was fit haha I did it it tool 6.33 minutes but my legs are hurting today 2 days later.
    I built my exercise up from once a week to what I do now but I sometes have to kick myself up the harasse to go lol
    Here's to a slimmer Christmas hey ;) xx

9. sarah-louise x

sarah-louise x Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    i totally agree with u hun!! i have never been a fitness freak but i am really enjoying being back at the gym :) i do a 80 min work out followed by 30 min swim between 3-5 times a week and i love it! tho it has made me STS and even a 1lb gain this week....i can def see the difference in my shape and fitness. i can even fit in trousers that i couldnt even do up a few weeks back so something is def working!! exercise and drinking lots of water is def the key for my weight loss!! and its doing wonders for u too, u work so hard u stick to it and u get results!! keep it up girl cos u know u can do it and i cant wait to see u reach your goal!!! xxxx

10. mumtheshopper

mumtheshopper Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    WW
    That's bril. Unfortunately I work when they are at school. Will keep trying when I can though! Really pleased for you and your 50lb loss. It really is brilliant

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.