exercise calories

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by nettleboo, 15 September 2011 Social URL.

1. nettleboo

nettleboo Full Member

ok so here is my question so i try to eat only 1300 calories per day and i exercise too i tried to burn atleast 200 cals per day so what i want to know is can eat 1500 cals per day and still only take on 1300? or do you exercise but dont eat back what youve burnt off??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ApplySomePressure

ApplySomePressure Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5.5lb(19.31%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Yes that's fine if you want to eat your exercise cals back! I think you should definately eat enough back to make your net cals 1200. After that it's up to you!

4. RachBlue

RachBlue Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.36%)
    Diet:
    Cal Counting @ 1550cals / day + following Dr Stephen Gullo's theories about knowing your weaknesses
    If I didn't eat mine back I'd never move my lazy BTM at all... :D

What works is to have them as stuff I just won't have otherwise, for me that's bread rolls and crisps, that's an extra motivation because I could quite happily eat a loaf or two of bread a day, I love it ridiculously-much. :eek:

Last edited: 15 September 2011
  5. thatlittlebit

thatlittlebit Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    8st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(36.76%)
    I'm completely the opposite I haven't eaten bread in months/years as it just doesn't tickle my fancy

6. surfinbernard

surfinbernard Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(23.64%)
    It's up to you. I usually don't as I find it hard to lose weight if I do, especially if I eat them all, but everyone is different.

7. RachBlue

RachBlue Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.36%)
    Diet:
    Cal Counting @ 1550cals / day + following Dr Stephen Gullo's theories about knowing your weaknesses
    Well, sadly I think I'm going to have to start getting a bit stricter on that now, I've been doing this 4 weeks so I'm really getting into my body's fat reserves, I'm thinking of going to eating back at 75% for the next 2 weeks, see how that goes... :hmm:

I got a bit out of the habit of exercising over the past 2 years so I did need, and still do, some motivation (other than looking great!) but I don't think I'll be able to carry on this way until I get to my GW, not least because I don't want to lose too much muscle.

Waah! :cry::cry::cry: :8855:

8. LittleSis

LittleSis Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st0.5lb(-0.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World!!
    Hi RachBlue... Caroline g wrote a very good piece re; eating your exercise calories back. You'll find it in the cc section..

Personly, when I get my ass into gear and do exercise, on the whole I eat them back but when I get nearer my goal I propebly won't.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.