Exercise Newbie

clairey86

I'm only into my second week but would like to add some form of exercise. To be honest usually I am a lazy bones so need something gentle just need a clue on what's the best "gentle" exercise whilst on sole source :D

Hey,

Sorry if anyone has seen this again!! I have posted it in several conversations I think......

I honestly can't stress enough how much I love my weighted hula hoop. I got it in Tesco for £13
(Do NOT get one with "massage ball" it bruised the hell out of me!!)

So my new hoop is made of metal with padding round it. It's very big & heavy & exceptionally easy to use. I managed 90 minutes hooping the other day whilst watching a film because I sort of forgot what I was doing.

So much easier to use then a standard child's hula hoop but works all the right places. I'm even getting a bit dating now & looking up tricks on YouTube!

Jay

That does sound good I used to love the hula hoop when I was wee!! Will give it a bash! Decided to crack on with some wii fit in the mean time! Just shows how unfit I am as I'm working up a sweat!!! Deffo will go to tesco today tho as I want my belly to be toned when I get down to my target! :)

Jay, admit it you work in the hula hoop marketing department of Tesco. ;) Just kidding!

Claire, before the diet I only moved between my bed, my desk and my car. Nowadays, I hike up to 20 miles a week and have taken up swimming two or three times a week and neither has affected my loss. I started very slowly - just walking here and there. Walking is the best exercise because it's free and doesn't put a lot of pressure on your joints. Swimming is also great for avoiding stress on your body but I waited until I was a month in to give that a go. Do what you can and if you ever find it too much you can always throw in a 200-calorie meal for a quick protein boost. My counsellor specifically recommend pilates and yoga, so if you're able to get to a class (or to buy a home workout DVD) they could be good for you!

Jay, admit it you work in the hula hoop marketing department of Tesco. ;) Just kidding!

Ha ha! I don't but I think that would be an amazing job. I tried to convince my work that it would be a good idea for me to bring my hoop to work..... They didn't agree!

How did you get in to hiking?
I honestly can't think of anything worse but maybe once there is less of me to carry it will be more appealing!

Xx

I am an outdoorsy person and I live in the country. Hiking, for me, was as simple as that. I'd never have gone walking when I lived in London though, or in many of the other crummy towns and cities I've lived in. But as an animal lover, now living in a semi-rural location, I love to get out and see the sheep and cattle etc. I also volunteer as a dog walker and that gets me up and about, and doing it has taught me routes I didn't know (I let the dogs lead ;)). If I'm "dogless" then I put my favourite tunes on the iPod and away I go! I'm a big fan of musicals, so often I download a show and then listen to the entire soundtrack as I walk. It's like seeing a West End show in my mind but getting the benefit of exercise.

What kind of work do you do? I can see them disagreeing if you are, for example, a pallbearer...

Ha ha!!

God when I die I'm not going to insist that the pall bearers are hula hooping!!

I used to walk dogs for the RSPCA but they were really strict. You could only walk them in one particular park along with all the other dogs being walked at the same time so it was beyond stressful & I got snapped at one too many times!

How you've described walking sounds lovely, I don't think it's the same walking round Bristol!

Hmmmmmm..... Maybe I could use "but I need the exercise dear" as a way of convincing my fiancé that we should get a dog......

Back