Exercise on LL

pandorasinbox

Queen Geek
Hi all!

Last time I lost weight I did a fair bit of exercise, and I'd like to get back into it while on LL so that I can work on my fitness at the same time as my weight.

I was thinking doing an hour of swimming every few days to start with then heading back into the gym for resistance training to help my skin shrink back, coupled with light cardiovascular (rowing machine, bike, jogging) to work on my fitness.

I know on normal diets this would only speed up my weight loss, but on only 500 calories a day can exercise slow down my weight loss? Will my body think it's being starved if I burn off 200-300 calories a day, for example?

Couldn't get much of a straight answer from my LLC on the issue, so advice is appreciated!

I think you need to take it easy for the first couple of weeks. I cant remember if it was BL or SB that explained it to me, it was a very good explanation!

I've started doing a mixture of BodyPump, Legs, Bums and Thighs and BodyBalance classes. I'm aiming for 3 hours a week, which I've kept to so far. There is also an exercise board, where you can join challenges about how much exercise you do :)

So much exercise would be a good amount, do you think? Would an hour three times a week hurt?

I started doing a spin class twice a week and built it up over time. Your body will tell you what is acceptable. After i lost my weight it took a good 6mths for my body to seem to fit my skin again. At first i felt like i was all empty skin but kept up the exercise and it all seems to have shrunk back again - except for my stomach

Iwillgetthere said:
I started doing a spin class twice a week and built it up over time. Your body will tell you what is acceptable. After i lost my weight it took a good 6mths for my body to seem to fit my skin again. At first i felt like i was all empty skin but kept up the exercise and it all seems to have shrunk back again - except for my stomach

Just be careful with the spinning hun if on LL,as you can burn off more calories than you are eating!
Then it will start burning off your muscle and not the fat,not good!
Sexy xx

Last edited:
Hi Sxychick

I'm on maintainence now. I finished LL at start of November last year. I know it was prob too much but i did exercise every day from about 3 wks into the diet. Congratulations on the weight loss - you look amazing. Well done X

Hi Sxychick

I'm on maintainence now. I finished LL at start of November last year.

There you are! And I can see now by your signature you hit goal and are going every bit as great as I knew you would!!

Congratulations!!!! You really acheived something great!!

Nice to see you back. :)

xxx

Iwillgetthere said:
Hi Sxychick

I'm on maintainence now. I finished LL at start of November last year. I know it was prob too much but i did exercise every day from about 3 wks into the diet. Congratulations on the weight loss - you look amazing. Well done X

Aw thanx for your lovely comment hun.
Well done to you too!
Sexy xx

Thank you all for your kind comments.

I used to go through this site day and daily and read and reread all the success stories and go through and through all the photos, over and over again. It was what kept me motivated. There were quite a few that really kept my spirits up as i had such a long journey ahead of me, but my main inspirations were Blonde Logic and Slendablenda from day one. I was determined that I was going to be able to have a success story like them. I had tried and failed at every single diet going and got to the stage where i wanted to close my eyes at night and never waken the next morning. Now i am living life to the full - doing things i only dreamt were possible and loving every single minute of it. My hair did fall out really badly at the end but its a very small price to pay to get my health back again and my hair has grown back. If i had to do it all over again I would do it again in a heartbeat and would recommend LL to anyone who just doesnt know where to turn to next x

Iwillgetthere said:
Thank you all for your kind comments.

I used to go through this site day and daily and read and reread all the success stories and go through and through all the photos, over and over again. It was what kept me motivated. There were quite a few that really kept my spirits up as i had such a long journey ahead of me, but my main inspirations were Blonde Logic and Slendablenda from day one. I was determined that I was going to be able to have a success story like them. I had tried and failed at every single diet going and got to the stage where i wanted to close my eyes at night and never waken the next morning. Now i am living life to the full - doing things i only dreamt were possible and loving every single minute of it. My hair did fall out really badly at the end but its a very small price to pay to get my health back again and my hair has grown back. If i had to do it all over again I would do it again in a heartbeat and would recommend LL to anyone who just doesnt know where to turn to next x

Wow what an inspiration you are hun!!
Sexy xx

Back