Exercise - Syns - Calories burnt ???

Java1975

Hi All

Just a quick question was wondering if I start exercise and burning calories does this mean that by using the 20cals per syn calculation it means I could burn off my anumber of syns per week ?

Can anyone clarify this

Thanks

Jane :)

You would, theoretically, burn off some or all of your syn calories with regular exercise, yes, however, unlike WW, Slimming World does not allow extra syns if you exercise or anything like that. Your syn allowance remains the same no matter whether you exercise or not.

You would, theoretically, burn off some or all of your syn calories with regular exercise, yes, however, unlike WW, Slimming World does not allow extra syns if you exercise or anything like that. Your syn allowance remains the same no matter whether you exercise or not.

Thanks for your reply does this mean I may not lose as much because the syns I would of eaten to assist my weight loss are no longer there ?

Java1975 said:
Thanks for your reply does this mean I may not lose as much because the syns I would of eaten to assist my weight loss are no longer there ?

Not at all-cos with sw you can eat free foods to replace the energy!!

You should eat to satisfy your hunger from free / superfree foods & HeXs, this should ensure your metabolism keeps up and your weight loss isn't affected even if you exercise a lot. You don't need further Syns.

From a purely hypothetical perspective, say as an example you ate 1200 kcal of free, super free and syns over the course of a day, and then burnt off 800 of them with vigorous exercise, it could, theoretically, push your body to the point of thinking it is starving, which could, theoretically slow your losses, yes. But you would have to really go some on the exercise to achieve that.

The main thing that slows weight loss with exercise is water retention however, so when exercising do make sure and drink plenty to flush your system through.

I allowed myself to fall in to this trap when I was doing serious training, and by allowing myself more syns to compensate for all the energy spent, I managed to train for a marathon and not lose a pound.

Moral is stick to your syn allowance and watch the weight drop off, exercise or no exercise! I'm kicking myself now (how many calories burnt in a kick? :p)

vickililly said:
I allowed myself to fall in to this trap when I was doing serious training, and by allowing myself more syns to compensate for all the energy spent, I managed to train for a marathon and not lose a pound.

Moral is stick to your syn allowance and watch the weight drop off, exercise or no exercise! I'm kicking myself now (how many calories burnt in a kick? :p)

Me too :) was running for two-three hours 3 days a week but didn't lose a thing! Don't fall in the same trap!

Me too :) was running for two-three hours 3 days a week but didn't lose a thing! Don't fall in the same trap!

I'm struggling with this too at the moment. I use Whey protein after my workout and its 5 syns a time made with water. I normally have a double portion when I've been lifting weight.

How many extra syns did you allow yourself? I was thinking of allowing myself 20 on a heavy work day to 'compensate' but you are confirming my fear that this is a very bad plan :-(

JO

TheNewMrsC said:
I'm struggling with this too at the moment. I use Whey protein after my workout and its 5 syns a time made with water. I normally have a double portion when I've been lifting weight.

How many extra syns did you allow yourself? I was thinking of allowing myself 20 on a heavy work day to 'compensate' but you are confirming my fear that this is a very bad plan :-(

JO

Why don't you eat protein instead-like chicken, as it's free on original/EE!
You don't get extra syns on sw for exercise, as there is plenty of free/superfree food to fill up on. If you want a plan where you get 'extra' for exercise, then maybe sw isn't for you??

I use Whey because its economical (buy when on offer in bulk).

I know SW is the right diet for me - its so easy to stick to and predictable losses. I was just a bit fed up today when I had been in the gym for 90 mins and realised I couldn't have a couple of squares of chocolate!

Oh well. A lesson well learned me thinks - and next time I'll plan ahead ahead sure the rest of the day is 100% syn free so I can have both.

Back