Exercise / Walking

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
Me again sorry.

Walking!!! I am terrible for not getting out to walk, mainly because of daily stuff and the weather this week. However, is there anything else I can do. I was thinking of using my Daughters Wii Just Dance games and maybe dancing to 3-4 songs and build it up over time. Do you think this would have the same effect.

We also have a vibration plate which has been known to help weight loss with regular use.

I'm all for vibration! ;-) sorry!!

Norty!!! I actually did end up walking this morning. I went in to town to Holland & Barratt for some wheatbran and as it hadn't yet opened I went the long way round town to get to it, stopping in Boots first and then back to the car. Was def sweating by the time I was done. LOL

How do you interpret the walking thou, do you walk arms swinging at a fast pace, or do you walk as though shopping in town going shop to shop, dog walking kind of pace.

I realised i walk better when I have a destination in mind, no good at walking for the sake of it, can't make up my mind where I'm going LOL.

I have been doing one of the following (Mon-Fri):-

- A zumba workout (DVD)
- Xbox Kinect EA Sports (it really works you out)(can set the amount of calories you want to burn)
- Nintendo Wii My Personal Fitness Coach
- Billy Blanks Tae Bo (DVD)

All for a minimum of 30 minutes, plus if it is not raining, I walk during part of my lunch break (after I've eaten).

Last edited:
I'm not confident enough to do Zumba or something like that yet LOL, but I will def try doing the dance and I found some exercises online the other day from a Dukan site somewhere. I presume that they are somewhere in a book of Dukan's but I'd not seen them. Will def be trying them out as I am concerned that i will end up with flabby bits having got so much to loose.

I do gardening and I count that as exercise :)

I read in the book that you are supposed to "walk with a purpose", what that means, I'm not sure, lol! Presumably, you should walk at a moderately fast pace, rather than an aimless one, and walk towards something or somewhere. So you seem to be getting it right if you are heading to a destination when walking!!

you could also try downloading some yoga videos. there are lots that are great for beginners and give easier options for the poses while you're learning, and yoga is great for toning the muscles. cardio alone probably won't get rid of flabby bits (i'm eyeing my stomach as i type this - note to self!!) send me a PM if you need some suggestions of titles, Karin.

and walking at lunch is a great idea. set yourself a route in advance - i'm sure there are ways to make it more 'purposeful' e.g. walking to H&B for your wheatbran!

Why not swim? It's great for toning and helping with the weight loss and you could easily build it into the week's routine. And definitely do the stairs rather than escalators/lifts - we use the underground a lot and the first time I did all the stairs it made me puff but now I do them without even noticing. And pilates is amazing for toning and easy to do at home with a dvd. And maybe slowly add more walking by reducing time in the car - you'll be saving money and the Earth too :D

thanks for all suggestions. Had to laugh at walking to H&B that would be the weeks walking LOL.

I would like to do the swimming, but i am so out of breath, I get to the end of the first length and nearly sink cos can't breath, but yes I know it all comes with practice.

Unfortunately I can't do anything that costs too much, so download stuff would probably be great. I do potter about quite a bit, house stuff and volunteer in school as well as supply so that gets me a full day on my feet at least once a week.

I'm not sure how to PM, have onlyjust discovered the buddy list because i recieved a request. Each forum is different, lots to learn. LOL

You can find a lot of great work out videos on YouTube. My personal favourite channels are Tone It Up, Blogilates and any of the Jillian Michaels work outs.

Housework is great exercise, with the added bonus of having a sparkling clean home! Crank up the music and dance around with your marigolds! :D

LOL @ Ceri, hmmm I do agree though I hate doing it LOL.

I did four songs on Just Dance with my daughter and YAY!!!! I beat her LOL. She's 10 and knows these dances off by heart so I'm quite chuffed I managed to keep up with her. Plus two sessions on the V Plate.

Thanks for the info re Youtube, it never occured to me to look on there. Great stuff. Off I go, loose the flab. :D

Back