Exercise!! Wat do u do to burn them lbs off?? x x

Shelly Star x x

:whacky068:
Hello everyone,

Ok so i'll put my hands up i have not been to the gym for a mth and i am gonna make it my mission to get back swimming and stuff as i could prob up my lose a week if i went 3 times a week.
So what i wanna know is what do you lot do to burn them lbs off? Wii fit to walking the dog!

U could prob give me some ideas! haha as my gym is 22 miles away as i've joined one near my bf's haha ( it did seem a good idea at the time ) x x x

zumba! They do it all over, not just at gyms, its so much fun, really gets you sweaty and burning all those calories:) i HATE excercise, have always avoided it at all costs - but find myself looking forward to zumba and have been three times this week! Its like a dance/salsa/aerobic kinda thing. Most of us cant keep up with all the moves but it doesn't matter, all ages there and all sizes. go on www.zumba.com to find the nearest one to you xxxx

Go for a walk after dinner, Wii fit (when I get OH away from the TV) at the moment. I haven't been to the gym for a while either, it's not too far away but OH has been ill for the last 7 weeks so it's all been a bit crazy. Looking at getting back to it next week though as he's nearly better now.

I usually go to the gym 4+ times a week, but just getting over a virus so only going 3 times this week and hadnt been for 2-3 weeks before hand! But I watch neighbours whilst im on the crosstrainer makes it a hell of alot easier!!

I also walk to and from work and try to get out at lunch to walk for at least half hour (although that doesnt always happen!).

Really i would love to start pilates and maybe zumba or salsa, but its all so time consuming!!! And expensive!!!!

I run, it is the best exercise for me and I love it (when I've finished :p).

I've got a gym membership which includes classes, I've tried going to a few but they've been pathetic :/ Used to get some really good classes where I used to live, such a shame.

I'm almost tempted by Zumba....

Zumba Zumba Zumba!!! After weeks (8 months) of 1/2lb-1lb losses every week I started Zumba 2 weeks ago, and have lost 2lb both weeks!! Its brilliant fun, I go with a gang from work and we have a riot!! xxxxx

No Zumba near me :-( that's what you get for living in the sticks!
I don't do a lot apart from walk the doggy but I need to do some exercise as it's the only thing I don't do to keep myself healthy.
It's just sooooo cold and dark at night...

went spinning last week... nearly killed me ... was walking like john wayne for 2 days after and am only recovering now, was down 2lb on the strength of it though... not doing it this week:rolleyes:

No Zumba near me :-( that's what you get for living in the sticks!
I don't do a lot apart from walk the doggy but I need to do some exercise as it's the only thing I don't do to keep myself healthy.
It's just sooooo cold and dark at night...
This is my problem too, its freeeeezing and I don't want to go on my own! :(

I just can't go out at night safely as it's not lit round here. We have a gym but it's miles away so, for now, I have an excuse!!!

Some of the things I do are: martial arts (don't be put off thinking that everyone who goes is super fit... they're not but going to martial arts classes helps them get fitter), cross trainer, cycling, interval training, circuit classes.

I have rediscovered my love of swimming. I find an hours swim tires me out and de-stresses me. I also do an aquafit class on a tues morning ever week. I find it good fun and a good work out!:rainbow:

I used to run but just can not get into it this time :eek:.

Fitness dvd's! I love the Ministry of Sound ones, and i have a Davina Super Body Workout which is quite good.

I did used to enjoy running, love the feeling when you have finished and your legs are burning! I should start up again :eek:

swim 3 times a week. Walk to work twice a week, 1 hour round trip. Although last week I only went swimming twice and lost more weight than normal, I wonder if you can sometimes over do it on the exercise.

This is my problem too, its freeeeezing and I don't want to go on my own

You honestly don't have to worry about going your own, everyone is so friendly and generally chats to everyone...and then when everyone starts dancing you are so focused on keeping up you don't notice anyone else. I'm the biggest at my class - but no one is bothered. Give it a go, you wont regret it :) xxx

I'd really like to have a go at Zumba, my gym does them so sometimes I peek longingly thru the little window in the door lol Bit scared to try tho, I might embarass meself! :(

Clairex, I'm loving your enthusiasm for Zumba. There is a lady in my class that goes to Zumba and she loves it!

Mum asked if she could me some sort of fitness regieme for my christmas? Said i'd have a think about it, think you have just convinced me :D cheers!

I'd really like to have a go at Zumba, my gym does them so sometimes I peek longingly thru the little window in the door lol Bit scared to try tho, I might embarass meself! :(

Hun you won't embarass yourself - i'm the biggest in every class i've been to, i can't always keep up (just keep moving!), no one is looking at you as they are all watching the instructor and trying to keep up! And to be honest, everyone feels the same so people chat to each other. I really think you should go for it- its such a fab workout, i can feel my body shape changing! You'll never know unless you try it :)Theres a zumba thread on the fitness and excercise forum if you need anymore info xxxxx

Back