Exercise, Weight Gain and Epsom Salts

Mom38

Silver Member
Gonna come straight out with it as its really knocked me. I gained 5.5lb at weigh in this Friday gone last week.

Not because I went haywire with food...nope...I was walking everywhere and did Zumba 3x last week.

I was expected a bit of a hovver as I had heard about the initial beginnings of exercise but OMG 5.5lb!!!!

I am over it now and have accepted I over did it a bit...I walked everywhere because my car needed repairing and I had no choice. Zumba...3x maybe a bit much haha.

My knee is still sore and have had the suggestion of Epsom Salts in my bath to draw out fluid so will let you know how it goes.

Anyone else had some mad exercise gains???

Yes! Unfortunately it can happen and it happens to me. You automatically drink more when exercising hun, your body retains the water and it takes a week or so for it to regulate again. The way to see the benefits is to continue exercising and going through the pain barrier of the weight gain for you to then see the losses come through.

How was the knee with the epsom salts? xx

Yes! Unfortunately it can happen and it happens to me. You automatically drink more when exercising hun, your body retains the water and it takes a week or so for it to regulate again. The way to see the benefits is to continue exercising and going through the pain barrier of the weight gain for you to then see the losses come through.

How was the knee with the epsom salts? xx

Thanks for that, its really starting to get me down.

I rested for a week and lost 4lb the following and 1.5lb the next but when I stepped it up a notch and started Aeromix again as well as Zumba I have gained 1.5lb this week so proper fed up.

I eaten small before and after and drank shed loads of water and did stretches. Under my stomach really hurt a couple of days after but I took Ibuprofen regular to try and help the inflammation.

I dont like the low intensity as feel like I am doing nothing so I do the high but think I am still a bit to big to be bouncing around yet in Aeromix so going to stick to Zumba 2x a week and maybe try Aeromix when I am a bit lighter.

Thanks for that, its really starting to get me down.

I rested for a week and lost 4lb the following and 1.5lb the next but when I stepped it up a notch and started Aeromix again as well as Zumba I have gained 1.5lb this week so proper fed up.

I eaten small before and after and drank shed loads of water and did stretches. Under my stomach really hurt a couple of days after but I took Ibuprofen regular to try and help the inflammation.

I dont like the low intensity as feel like I am doing nothing so I do the high but think I am still a bit to big to be bouncing around yet in Aeromix so going to stick to Zumba 2x a week and maybe try Aeromix when I am a bit lighter.

I am really into fitness and just had to google Aeromix, you're never too big to do any form of exercise hun, so please don't ever think that. It states that Aeromix is core strength, if you don't have a great core your stomach will kill. I did yoga with a hammock and I have no core strength due to C Section and my stomach felt like it had been ripped apart for days. I wouldn't say give it up if you enjoy it, just lower your effort to start off with. Then you can build on it. xx

Ah......I had a emergency c section with my son....no wonder my stomachs killin'!

Ill stick with Zumba for now just for awhile then might invest in a PT once a week to help me out a bit.

Gonna come straight out with it as its really knocked me. I gained 5.5lb at weigh in this Friday gone last week.

Not because I went haywire with food...nope...I was walking everywhere and did Zumba 3x last week.

I was expected a bit of a hovver as I had heard about the initial beginnings of exercise but OMG 5.5lb!!!!

I am over it now and have accepted I over did it a bit...I walked everywhere because my car needed repairing and I had no choice. Zumba...3x maybe a bit much haha.

My knee is still sore and have had the suggestion of Epsom Salts in my bath to draw out fluid so will let you know how it goes.

This happens to me all the time. Ppl say how much weight I've lost and I know I've gained due to exercise. JoeWickes says throw away your scales. But if you carry on regardless the weight comes down.....EVENTUALY

Back