Exercise, what do you do?

Rachel_Murray

I try to do exercise classes a dew times a week, I was just wondering if anyone else does exercise with your SW?

running for me, been doing it about year love it, getting out in the open air, meeting people at running club x

I'm doing exercise DVDs mostly. I can manage about 40 mins a day while my baby naps which is enough to do a decent cardio or weights workout. I'm also making an effort to walk more instead of always driving.

I am doing zumba twice a week and the 30 day shred 3 times per week. The weight is coming off much quicker this time with the exercise.

i know i should do more but currently just fit it in when i can and its usually a DVD or Just Dance on the Wii. I work full time then come home to do 2 hours study for my qualification at moment, so by the time i then eat its usually around 9pm and last thing i feel like doing is exercise! Know i need to motivate myself though as always feel better for it

I do a mixture of stuff but as a rule 2 x spin classes per week, aquafit and body conditioning once a week and a swim too if I get time.

I only started this a couple of months back - started with just aquafit and built it up.

I love the spin classes the most - it's such hard word but the adrenaline rush you get afterwards is like nothing else! x

I'm just starting to up the exercise now. I like just to go out for a walk, usually 2 miles but hopefully I'll up this as I go. Also just ordered an exercise DVD. Looked at the Couch to 5k but think that's a bit beyond me just now.

I bought a Cross trainer about 18 months ago but because I was so big I couldn't even do 5 minutes on it with out almost stroking out!!!
since I have lost almost 2st I peddle 6k at least once a day on it not much at the moment but I hav only just got on it really I'll start using fully when I have the spare room to put it in. I can't wait.
i also am Fairly lucky that my job of work is incredibly physical and that's helping as well.

clarej03 - every little helps so they say, and realistically when you're studying it takes a lot out of you emotionally and physically, just do what you can :)

veggiebev - don;t sell yourself short on the couch to 5k thing, its a really good way to get started, you'll feel like you're going to die even just running for a minute but you soon pick it up, I could never run til I did the couch to 5k last year, now I'm signed up for a 5k, 10k and half marathon this year :)

At the moment I do exercise videos at home and try to do lots of walking. I usually do videos every night I stay in, and try to go for a long walk at the weekend. I like kettlebell exercises best at the moment, but do different things like Pilates, dancing or yoga.

What has helped me to stick to it is that I tell myself it doesn't matter what exercise I do, as long as I do half an hour. So then there are no excuses. If I'm tired I can do yoga, if I have sore muscles I can just do cardio instead, as long as I do something!

I get exercises from Youtube so I am never doing the same thing twice - there are thousands of videos out there to do!

I do a 20 minute running machine warm up on level 9/10 followed by a 4 minute Tabata session on a the X-Trainer and then a 4 minute Tabata session on the Static Bike. If I have enough energy after the Tabata sessions I usually go for a 30 minute swim afterwards and then treat myself to a nice trip to the spa in my gym. Throughout all of the training I like to use the spa as my reward for working hard and it often inspires me to put in that extra effort.

It's all about rewarding yourself with little treats for working hard, that way you remain motivated and driven by it all.

gym 4-5 times a week, walk 3+ miles every day and I have 2 horses I do daily too.

I'm a total couch potato, but have started walking every morning after I drop my little boy to school. Me and the baby head off for about 25 mins. I'm hoping to build it up as it gets easier.

Just joined the gym last Thursday and have so far done a Bums, Legs and Tums class, Body Attack, Body Pump, Body Combat and CXWORX.

Two more classes for me tonight - BodyCombat and then BodyPump. I never thought I'd enjoy exercise so much but I'm loving it!! :)

I have only just started my weight loss journey but i'm setting myself a target of 4x 20 minute sessions during the week on the crosstrainer and a long walk at weekends.

Would love to get into running but have no idea where to start...

I have only just started my weight loss journey but i'm setting myself a target of 4x 20 minute sessions during the week on the crosstrainer and a long walk at weekends.

Would love to get into running but have no idea where to start...

Do you have access to a running machine? If so just start off using a walk/run programme. For example you run for 1 minute, walk for 2 minutes. You could do that 10 times in a row which would mean you'd have done a 30 minute workout. As you feel like you're getting fitter (you'll know) you can increase the run times and decrease the walk times until you are running the whole time.

jadeelizabeth - download NHS couch to 5k pod cast, gets you running 5k in 9 weeks, really good program and/or try and find a local ladies running club x

Thanks for the advice :) I don't have access to a running machine unfortunately. I will download the NHS couch to 5k podcast tonight.

I run, a lot at the moment. I'm training for the Paris marathon in 4 and a half weeks time, so I'm at peak training now. The problem is that running this much (30-40 miles a week) makes me v hungry, and I was starting to binge on sugary stuff. So I joined slimming world yesterday to keep me on track - it gives me permission to eat loads (I ate today and tomorrow's lunch in one go today!) but loads of good stuff rather than loads of junk.

Back