exercise - zumba, gym, swim, 30day shred or walk?

Hey everyone,
I wasnt sure which forum to post in as none of them cover exercise....
Ive lost 2 stone & have about 4more to lose.....I used to swim 3 x a week and sometimes go on a constrainer too/instead off.
My gym membership has ran out and its so expensive to renew... a couple.of years ago (when at my fittest) I did the davina mcall dvd...

What do you think is the best exercise? Walking? Workout dvd? Swimming? Actual gym sesson? Zumba?

Thanks in advance x

Hi I do Zumba every week you can work quite hard but it's fun so it's not really like exercise. I think the main thing with exercise is to enjoy what you do so it's not a chore.Never give up.
lynnie

I like core strength stuff. Yoga and Pilates are really hard and all that muscle engaging puts your heart rate up without leaping about, also I love how it leaves me feeling tall and gracefully. Also getting back into swimming which I found boosted my lb losses by double last year.I think it more depends on what you like because you know you won't stick to something you don't like :)

I am a big fan of the 30 day shred, you don't have to leave the house, in fact I'm often found doing it in my bra and knickers! The first few days hurt a bit but your body soon adapts and it's amazing how quickly you see results, both in your body and strength!

And it's cheap!!! Xxx

I'm a big fan of walking (as it's free) I'm lucky I live in a beautiful part of Cornwall with some fab scenery makes it more enjoyable. Also love doing zumba on the wii. Good luck with whatever you choose.

I'm rubbish at doing exercise and have tried all sorts. Have today ordered the 30 day shred so will be trying that next week, hope that as you can do it at home and it's quick that it'll work for me!

Have you thought about kettlebell workouts? A bell costs around £10 and you can get free workouts online. Take a look at the fitness and exercise section of minimins.
I try to go to the gym at least twice a week but have recently started doing this. You can also take a look at fitness tv for some great workouts.

Back