Exercise...

Jeniferous

For the past 3 months I've been doing body combat and pump 3-4 times a week. Since starting dukan 9 days ago I've done two pump classes and both have near killed me. I don't dare try combat. I'm just not convinced that protein only is enough to power me through a proper workout. I just get hot, dizzy and sickly.

Do any of you guys eat anything additional to power you through or do you manage ok without?

I'm having similar issues; completely wiped out by exercise that I used to manage easily. Our bodies have no glycogen in them so are having to rely on other fuel sources, it can take a while to retrain the body to do this. How we feel is like when 'you hit the wall' in a marathon...our glycogen stores are depleted and we are waiting for the second wind. I'm now having my oatbran muffin an hour before exercise as there are carbs in the oatbran which are enough to see me through a run. Lots of water before, during and after seems to help as well.

I also have my oat bran galette before going to the gym. That works for me. Also I am so revved up mentaly that I get through it somehow.

It'll pass. Google ketosis. Basically you haven't adapted to fat burning yet but when you do you'll be exercising better then before, just keep an eye on your electrolytes.

I've spent quite a lot of time reading up in ketosis. I'm in ketosis but quite how long it'll take my body to get used to it I have no idea!

Think I'll try combat at the weekend and see how it goes! Might try a spot of oatbran before!

Back