Exercise.....!

RachMo

Hello all Slim Fasters! I've been putting off this question but how many of us do regular exercise? What type and how long? Also, did you find it made a big difference in your losses?

I've given myself until the end of next week to get used to the new diet regime (that'll be the end of my 3rd week) then I'm going to start going to the gym again and doing my exercise DVDs if I can't make it to the gym.

Any advice welcome, I really do not enjoy exercise and I think it's because I'm such a heavy lump and end up feeling so gross and looking purple! :(

Hi Hun - I have really upped my exercise in the past few months, and although I wouldn't say I love the pain of exercise, I really am getting a little addicted to the feeling afterwards - I feel a little proud of myself haha!! I tend to stick to gym classes, rather than the gym itself as I find it boring, and therefore normally last about 2 days!! Some classes I do are spinning, body pump, LBT, pilates and zumba - I also do badminton and swimming!

If i am absolutely 100% truthful, exercise does affect the scales, but not always in a positive way - increased exercise usually means less fat but more muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat!! HOWEVER it takes up less space - so smaller dress sizes!! So to sum it up, before you start take some measurements, and keep an eye on them along with the number on the scales! x

Thanks for the tips! Back on here after a week of absence due to work and a busy weekend. Back on track today.

Hope you had a great holiday!!! xx

Hi Rachmo,

I do Leslie Sansone walks and found they really helped my weight loss, although some weeks i stayed the same but lost inches instead (as kfowler said), the reason i like them is because i can do them in my lounge and so am not embarrassed to look all wobbly while i do them, if you go on you tube and look up Leslie Sansone walks there are a variety from one to five miles and you do a quick warm up and a cool down, there are only four steps walking on the spot, side steps, leg kicks and backwards kicks.

I really recommend them, i was doing the two mile one in the morning and in the evening and felt so much happier as well as more toned, i have a bad leg at the moment and am in a lot of pain so have avoided them for a couple of weeks as i am scared it will cause more pain but talking about them on here has reminded me how good i felt so may try it in a minute x

Wow Kfowler, you do so many different classes =) I struggle with my confidence and so only do Leslie Sansone walks at home and i try to walk everyday, I am hoping to go to the gym with my bf so he can show me the machines and then i will be able to start going on my own =)

I know that feeling hun, only too well. I have built up to what I do today, and I started by only doing one or two and hiding at the back but everyone has been so nice in the classes and you kind of forget yourself after a while. A few times to the same class and you start to know people (I'm quite shy so it takes me quite a bit to speak to people) but a smile one week, turns in to a hello the next and suddenly you feel a lot moe comfortable. I'd really recommend it, they work for me as I actually push myself harder in classes as I want to try and keep up, in the gym I can cheat!

I tend to go on my own but how about finding a friend to go with - then it's exercise and a catch up al in one :)

Thank you for being so nice, i hate that i am held back by myself but really struggle going to new places on my own.

My friends live too far from me so they go to different gyms and the local one goes with her mom everyday, that is why i have roped my bf in to taking me with him one evening so he can show me as i really don't want to have an instruction session (too scared). Once i have been i will be able to go on my own in the mornings and i hope that would help my weight loss and the pain in my leg x

Just looked at your stats, well done on such an amazing loss x x

Mine has completely slowed down, not really sure why, so am doing slim fast for a couple of weeks to hopefully give me a boost, i have already lost a lb so that is good =)

Thank you for being so nice, i hate that i am held back by myself but really struggle going to new places on my own. My friends live too far from me so they go to different gyms and the local one goes with her mom everyday, that is why i have roped my bf in to taking me with him one evening so he can show me as i really don't want to have an instruction session (too scared). Once i have been i will be able to go on my own in the mornings and i hope that would help my weight loss and the pain in my leg x Just looked at your stats, well done on such an amazing loss x x Mine has completely slowed down, not really sure why, so am doing slim fast for a couple of weeks to hopefully give me a boost, i have already lost a lb so that is good =)

Definitely rope in the bf hun, brilliant idea!! Unfortunately I am married to a man that can eat whatever he likes, not exercise and still stay slim - sometimes life isn't fair!! I am sure at some point it will catch up with him ... Right?! ;)

I 100% know that feeling hun, over the years of loosing I have often hit points where I just can't shift anything, doesn't matter how good I am on a diet it just doesn't work - it's so frustrating! I recently got there at the 11stone mark which is when I started slimfast - I have actually lived the structure if the diet - yes it's restrictive, but you know that and if you are going to cheat, it's a day off the diet. I was going slimming world, but after a year or so, I knew how to 'cheat' the diet and in the end I am only cheating myself!!

A lifelong challenge for me, but trust me you can do it!! Do you have a diary hun (sorry if it says it on your profile but I'm on the app and can't see!!) Id love to see your journey, and help where I am (I'm no pro but I have a lot of dieting experience!!! ;)) xx

What that is not fair, my bf is 6ft3in so he carries his weight and looses it a lot quicker than me, which is not fair either x

I was ten stone for the first four years we were together but a busy eighteen months has seen us both gain weight, the bf has lost a stone going to the gym three times a week and eating better and I have managed to lose 13.5lbs calorie counting, I am now doing slimfast with CC for a couple of weeks to try and see a loss again x

My diary is under the Calorie counting section, it is Binkybonk needs to lose weight, any tips would be most welcome as i don't know why it has slowed so much as i am being good most of the time trying to stick to 1200 calories a day and exercise daily x

Ah my hubby is 6ft and can seriously eat what he wants ... Been together 7 years and this year for the first time I weigh less than him :) it's also the year we got married so couldn't be better timing ;)

I will find your diary and subscribe lovely xx

Awww that is lovely, we are coming up for six years together and I have always weighed less than him but decided to start eating healthy when the bf started to tell me my tummy looked big in clothes, i have always asked him to be honest and when he pointed it out i started to notice too, my tummy is my worst area but i have lost some so it is a bit smaller now but still a way to go x

Back