Exercise

harji

What kind of exercise does everyone do & how often?
At the moment I play football & squash once a week, but thinking about joining a boxercise class has anyone tried this?

Start weight 18.00st
week1 8lb's lost
week2 5lb's lost
week3 6lb's lost
week4 4lb's lost
week5 5lb's lost
week6 6lb's lost
week7 5lb's lost
week8 3lb's lost (3 stones lost:):))
week9 5lb's lost (stopped smoking after 10yrs:):))
week10 3lb's lost

I try to do half an hour on the WII fit every day but its more like every second day. Its fun and i can do in at home. Thats a big plus 4 me. I walk more than i used to but with the weather so bad at the moment its difficult draging double buggies and kids with me. I run up and down the stairs at least 50 times a day ..... or does that count

Very little has to be said - I have a few hours on Slendertone per night but have promised myself that once I get to 14 stone (targetted by the end of July) I'm going to join a gym again :)

What evr is right for you, but I think you have a fairly active job dont you, if I remember rightly? As this will really help, I put a roof on for someone lately and man I couldnt walk for 2 days lol maybe I should get back into roofing again, it would be like getting paid for keeping fit.

Personally I have packed the gym in. I was going 4/5 times a week before i started this a mix of 40% cardio and 60 % Weights, but since doing this I just have not got the energy.

It is also impossible to gain any muscle mass on this diet due to the absence of protein.

We all lose weight on this diet but we must remember we lose muscle mass as well as fat. Soon as we get the weight off we MUST get down the gym to pack on a bit of muscle to up the old metabolism (well thats the plan anyway).

Nowadays i just do a lot of walking and gentle exercise.

I try to fit in a 40 min walk most days pushing the buggy. Tried running last week and felt VERY ill afterwards as I had no energy, so just sticking to walking until I refeed.

a 40 minute walk at pace is a great form of low impact exercise x

BODY COMBAT

I go to body combat classes. So much fun...

You should check out and see if somewhere near you does it...

Class Locator - Les Mills Global

They also do loads of other classes, like body pump and body balance... they arent high impact but good for toning...

Exercise is good as it makes u feel fab and puts the night in also...But just be careful not to push yourself too hard.

xox

question

Personally I have packed the gym in. I was going 4/5 times a week before i started this a mix of 40% cardio and 60 % Weights, but since doing this I just have not got the energy.

It is also impossible to gain any muscle mass on this diet due to the absence of protein.

We all lose weight on this diet but we must remember we lose muscle mass as well as fat. Soon as we get the weight off we MUST get down the gym to pack on a bit of muscle to up the old metabolism (well thats the plan anyway).

Nowadays i just do a lot of walking and gentle exercise.

Is this true? I thought the shakes where protein? So I was thinking that muscle toning would be easy on LT???

Is this true? I thought the shakes where protein? So I was thinking that muscle toning would be easy on LT???

I don't believe this is true. My pharmacist said that we are getting enough protein in this diet and all the nutrients needed so that we do not lose any muscle at all.....ONLY 100% FAT. He suggested I do weights as I can gain muscle on this diet and he did a fat test so that if the scales didn't move he was going to test my body fat to see if that had gone down...thus meaning my muscle mass had increased.

I don't know how accurate the body fat monitor on my scales is, but I've lost 41lbs, and my scales records 20lb fat lost, plus there could have been 10lb water and glycogen, but there is 11 lb still missing! Now I know your bones reduce in size and density as you lose weight, but not that much so quickly.
I think you get enough protein on LT to prevent you breaking down essential muscles, and it's only the surplus muscle you break down, plus you don't need to be as strong to move yourself when you weigh less!

Guen

I don't know how accurate the body fat monitor on my scales is, but I've lost 41lbs, and my scales records 20lb fat lost, plus there could have been 10lb water and glycogen, but there is 11 lb still missing! Now I know your bones reduce in size and density as you lose weight, but not that much so quickly.
I think you get enough protein on LT to prevent you breaking down essential muscles, and it's only the surplus muscle you break down, plus you don't need to be as strong to move yourself when you weigh less!

Guen

ummm very interesting!!

I try for at least 20 mins per day on my cross-trainer :)

I wish i had the energy to work out on a cross trainer. Its hard. I walk as much as i can but am very busy doing summer camp at moment with a bunch of 3 year olds.

i used to run lots and go to the gym to do classes 4 times a week - on this diet i can feel my muscles in my legs working just by climbing the three lots of stairs to get to my office the thought of a cross trainer hurts already!!!!

I'm ashamed to say I don't do as much as I should. I walk my little one to school and back and do an exercise DVD when I can but I'm so busy decorating at the moment that I'm spending most of the day doing that!

In the past I have done the DVD every day and hope to get back to that asap.

With the summer hols coming back hopefully the children and I will be out and about on our bikes most days.

x

Back