exercise..

Sunflowers

Wants to be a yummy mummy
I'm on day 5 of SS/SS+ and it's going really well, I've been in ketosis since the evening of day 3 and I feel absolutely fine today - with the exception of when I walked the dog just now, I felt really weak and lethargic.. Will this ease off? Or my plans of carrying on with running while on this are going to have to be rethought..

Hey Sunflowers

I'm on my sixth week now and I've found it's starting to get easier. For the first 4 weeks I felt so weak just walking up a steep hill but now I've started going for bike rides and have started swimming at a moderate pace. Whilst on cambridge Sole Source it's not a good idea to go running or do anything too exerting because our bodies aren't even getting enough calories to function properly- let alone to use for exercise. Once we start moving up the plans though then we can increase the intensity and duration of exercise.

Hope this helps

Ahh ok, thank you! Well if the running has to wait a few months until I'm moving up the plans it will still be there I suppose! Dog walking it is until then!

I get the weak and tired feeling really easily, just not enough energy in the muscles to do what i could do before. I heard from others that any more than moderate exercise can make hunger kick in too......so waiting untill I move up the plans before adding exercise. Have a great week.

I am on day 5 SS too and I am still running. I have been running 3 times a week for the last two years and my CDC said it would be ok to carry on with that. I did struggle a bit during the run last night and I felt a bit weak for a while afterwards. I tend to run about 4 miles so think I might drop down to a couple of miles for a few weeks and see how I go.
I would say so long as you are sensible and listen to your body you should able to do some exercise.
The main thing in the early days of CD is to make sure you are focused on the diet:)
Good Luck

I agree - if you're already running it shouldn't be a problem you just have to listen to your body

I'm on SS but due to exercise I have 4 packs instead of 3 (am 5.7 so just under the height for having the 4 packs anyway) and I am a gym regular.

In the average week I do:
1 x body combat
2 x body pump
1 x step
2 x spin
1 x body balance

If on a day where I have quite an energetic class I feel feeble I simply swap to a more gentle class (pilates/body balance etc)

I personally find the classes give me a bit of routine and take my mind off the fridge!!

Good luck

xx

Back