Exercises

kirsty_baird_26

Gold Member
What sort of exercise do you do? Zumba/ Spin/ Walking
How often? Zumba every tuesday, Spin when i get booked very hard to book and walk approx 2 miles a day to and from work (more when i walk dogs)
How long for? zumba and spin is 1 hour, walking depends (usually 15-20 min to and from work)
Anyone do anything at home i need ideas to do at home?

THought would give everyone an idea for somethign extra to help with losses!!

Eeerm when I dont have kids I do two lots if aquacise @ 45 mins each and I try for two lots of zumba @ 45 mins each too.
Plus i want to get At least 3 hrs of walking/biking in each week.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What sort of exercise do you do? Running/Circuits/Boxing/Walking

How often? 4 times a week and walks with the dog daily

How long for? Circuits & Boxing 1 hour - Running 30-40mins - Walking anything from 30 mins - 3 hours.

Anyone do anything at home i need ideas to do at home? Get yourself the 10 minute body workouts on DVD from play.com very cheap and very easy to slot into your daily rountine.

What sort of exercise do you do? I'm a bit of an obsessive when I get going... Spin / Body Pump / Body Combat / Aquaerobics / Gym / Abs Class / Swimming / Kettlebells Class
How often?
Spin 2-3 times a week
Body Pump 2-3 times a week
Body Combat twice a week
Kettlebells class twice a week
Abs class, a swim and a gym session (including elliptical, strength training, rowing machine, stationary bike) all once a week.
How long for?
Spin, Combat and Pump are all an hour. Kettlebells is 25-35 minutes. Abs is 25-30 minutes. I swim for at least an hour when I go, and my gym session is about 2 hours (including weights and lots of faffing around inbetween machines!).

I also walk for at least half an hour each day, more at weekends (I don't drive).

Thanks ill take a look at that dvd and perhaps get that as i really need to do something in house especially when parents on holiday next few weeks all i can do is walk dogs which is good but i want to tone tummy!! Wow you lot are active made me think about going back to more classes :) used to do Legs, Tums and Bums, Body combat, Body attack, Body Balance but all different weeks so do 3 classes a week gym membership just so dear now!!

What sort of exercise do you do? I use the gym. I go on the stepper thing, the bike and the treadmill. I go on the cross trainer too if I'm feeling brave haha. Still not got into the swing of that. I'm having a session with a trainer today so hopefully they'll give me some pointers on what I should do for strength and stuff :)

How often? I want to go three times a week. At the moment it is like two. This will be the first week that I'll go 3 times :)

How long for? 50 minutes - 10 minutes on the stepper, 20 on the bike and 20 on the treadmill.

Kirsty - maybe invest in a kettlecise dvd and a kettlebell? Some of the dvds come with a free bell - this one doesn't but has good reviews: Power Body: Kettlebell Bootcamp DVD 2009 US Import: Amazon.co.uk: Angie Miller: Film & TV and you could start off with a light bell and work your way up as you get stronger. It'll also help boost your metabolism because it's strength training (and I remember reading you were having issues with that due to your thyroid), as well as cardio ^^. 3kg or 4kg is a good starter weight for your bell.

I'm really lucky with my gym - it's the local sports centre, so I pay 36pounds a month, get unlimited classes (apart from yoga which I don't go to anyway), unlimited gym and unlimited swimming / aqua classes. That said, our local pool is pretty manky and closes when it feels like it - twice last two week I turned up for it to be closing to the public at no notice - once for a kid's fun session, and the other time for local club practise! But the sports centre is brilliant.

Last edited:
I can't squash the gym into my routine, i'm a single parent to 2 little girls, and i work and go to uni.

I walk the 7 flights of stairs into work, 3 days per week, i miss a step all the way and it really poofs me out! I can do it in a minute and 6 seconds now...and in HIGH HEELS :D

I have got a nice little routine at night, i get the kids in bed for 7:30pm, then do a dvd, ranging from 20 minutes to over an hour depending on how i'm feeling. Then i have a bath and do some uni work (revision at the mo, boooo). Stops me snacking at night because i'm busy, i am missing loads of good tv though!

I have built up quite a collection since having my eldest, i have a 4 of the Pump it Up dvd's, 30DS, 2 of Davina's, Nadia Sawalha's is fantastic. I have just ordered a cheapy Tae-Bo and one by The Firm called The 500 Calorie Workout. I do love exercise, not the thought of it, but once i'm up and running it's great and afterwards it feels so good!

What sort of exercise do you do?

Walking/Jogging

How often?

Jog 4x per week, walk to work and back each day (1.5 miles each way + day)

How long for?

At the mo jog for about 30 mins per sesh (but starting to build up) and walk about 40 mins daily.

Last edited:
God you guys are all so much fitter than me! Jealous! :)

I go to the gym about three/four times a week and do stretching, 25 mins of solid cardio, weight resistance reps and then I always chuck in another 15 mins intense walking in the treadmill, cool down and stretch. At home I'm a bit of a Wii fit girl! I do 30 solid mins of free stepping whilst watching tv totally takes my mind off of it, I also do the rhythm boxing for my arms... I have a serious bingo wing issue!!! X

What sort of exercise do you do?

I have a two year old daughter, so cannot go to a gym or classes. However I have a treadmill and a bike.
I do 3 /4 main workouts a week on the treadmill, bike, kettlebell and stomach crunches.
In between days I usually do an exercise dvd or the Wii.
Also I go for a brisk 30 min walk everyday.

How often?
Main workout 3/4 times a week
DVD /Wii 3 times a week
Walking 30 mins everyday

How long for?
Main workout 2hrs
DVD /Wii - 45 mins
Walking 30 mins

Well at the mo all I am doing is walking but for someone weighing 300lbs im kinda limited as workout videos and cycling give me terrible knee and back pain but im very proud of how much walking I have built up from 5 mins at first I am now walking briskly for 40mins at night :) every little helps

Well at the mo all I am doing is walking but for someone weighing 300lbs im kinda limited as workout videos and cycling give me terrible knee and back pain but im very proud of how much walking I have built up from 5 mins at first I am now walking briskly for 40mins at night :) every little helps

You will soon be jumping around to some dvd's...well done with the perseverance :D

Back