Exercising

Joanne3006

Hiya,
I'm new to SW and also calorie counting too, I was just interested to know how many calories do you eat in a day and do you exercise on top of SW? If so, what do you do?
Has anyone heard of tabata? Sorry! So many questions :rolleyes:
I'm hoping to lose 2 stone, I've already lost 8lbs since atarting 3 weeks ago.

I don't calorie count; I just do slimming world. I think I'd find both together too restrictive!

A standard week's exercise for me is cycling ~60 miles, walking ~5 miles, playing basketball for 2 hours, and netball for 3 hours. Sometimes I'll go for a run at the weekend as well.

And I haven't heard of tabata.

I try not to eat back exercise calories, only doing so if I'm particularly hungry. I'm very active, do a lot of running, Zumba and yoga and I aim for 2000 calories a day. That gives me a 1-2lb loss a week x

Problem with exercise and sw (well not a problem but why exercise doesnt always help the weight loss) is that because we eat when hungry and exercise in theory increases hunger because of calories used we often eat more on SW. Its ok if we eat extra speed foods rather than just free I would say.

Yes I've heard of tabata - its a high intensity interval training exercise a bit like metafit

You cant really follow sw and calorie count - sort of defeats the object

SW is a calorie controlled diet, its just all the calories have been counted for you and converted to Syns/free foods etc.
I exercise at gym 4-5 times a week since hitting target and all it means is i increase my protein intake (via more chicken/eggs etc) which doesnt effect my weight as its free food anyway. Usually exercise first thing on empty stomach and have my breakfast after at work, and then am normal for rest of day just drink alot more water. Only thing i sometimes do is use my Syns on protein shakes or bars if ive had a particularly intense weight session to aid recovery, but thats my decision instead of using sysns elsewhere.

it only effected my weight in the first week that i really upped my exercise as your body goes into shock from sudden increase in exercise and holds onto the energy in the food it has, but once it gets used to it it will start burning them off again and you'll see the losses.

For me it toned me up hugely after my 2.5st loss and also i just enjoy going now, sets me up for day and makes me feel better for it. I do Tabata training with boxfit and also in bootcamp classes, kills me but feel so good for it after!

Back when I did sw the first time when I lost over 1st I used to do a lot of exercise as it was really convenient for me to get to gym classes as I always prefer classes to just going to the gym. However I moved to london and lost all my gym time and gained a lot of weight which put me off going to the gym. Now that I'm getting back into it I'm easing myself gently into the gym. I try to walk to and home from work which is 50minutes total and doing 35mins cross training and I'm going to also do a class on top of that then gradually increase my gym use. It definitely helps with the weight loss plus you get body magic stickers and who doesn't love stickers!

Back