Exhausted

Louanna

Hello everyone,

I'm here & I'm exhausted.
I'm exhausted from bingeing & I'm exhausted from dieting.
I'm tierd of the continuous tape playing in my head talking about food.

I am sick & tired of food & trying to control myself around it......& the inevitable failures.

I'm fed up of all the broken promises & failed declarations I make to myself.

I have no peace.
I'm unhapy when I'm bingeing & I'm unhappy when I'm dieting.

I have 2.5 stone to loose.....it might as well be 20.
I've tried & suceeded & then failed at just about every diet I can think of including SW.

Today I feel really down about it.

So here I am.....
I surrender,

If I'm not here....well where am.....in the fridge I expect.

Aw, Louanna! So sorry you're feeling like that, but you're among friends!

I am exactly the same way - I have about 4st to lose to be at the bottom end of my ideal weight range... I started the Cambridge Weight Plan this week as I was so fed up of "dieting" for a day and then caving to my comfort foods, so I'm having a total break from real food for a few weeks to see if it helps me get to a better place with my food relationship.

Remember that food is fuel, so often we abuse it and abuse ourselves because we take comfort in it - but it's wrongly placed! Sugar and carbs are so addictive that there have been studies showing it's harder to come off them than heroin. You are not alone.

Hi Menekse,

& thanks for your supportive words.
It's so messed up our relationships with food huh??

I totally understand you taking a break from food &hope it goes well for you.

I think I'll dust off my SW books & knuckle down.
I'm hoping by making a few pals on here the support will help.

Yeah, the support is great! It's really helping me get through the first few days of the Cambridge diet (which is a bit hardcore to start with as your body is in withdrawal from carbohydrates!). You should start a diary on here - it's a great place to vent and everyone is really supportive :) x

Sucks that you feel this way :(

Have you tried calorie counting before? It worked wonders for me.

I felt that way for years up until 4 months ago, not sure what changed in me. I started in August with 11 stone to lose :-0 and am currently down 3 stone 1lb so only another 7 stone 13 to go, lol. I am calorie counting myself rather than using ww or sw as I didn't get very far with them, trust me if I can do it then anyone can :) xxxxx

on week 5 of slimming world, I think u can eat too much and only loose 1/2 to 1 lb although that is healthy its too slow when you have stones to go. I have boosted by having twp fruity ryvita n fruit or yogurt, snack fruit till lunch, 12 speed soup nothing till dinner and a smaller plate of vegetarian dinner. Always have a little treat half a frozen chocky bar with coffee about 9. Taken 5 weeks to not pang for sweet stuff, have energy but not sleeping too well. Feel so much better.

Back