Experiences maintaining slightly lower target weights

frankied

Silver Member
I spoke to my consultant today, and she asked me how much more I wanted to loose. When I said 2st she looked at me and said I don't think you need to loose that much go one more st and see how you feel. She said you already about a size 12. She said that people struggle to maintain 'too low' weights. But my target weight is well within the healthy range and really didn't think a stone extra would make it that much harder to maintain as I really would prefer to be the lower weight.
I wanted anyone experience of this and whether they notice it being harder and by how much

I don't think aiming for around 9 stone 7 when you are 5ft 4 is too low. I am 5 ft 5 and going for the same target as you.

Last year I did sw and went from 11 stone 1 to 10 stone 3 in two months and I didn't even follow the plan religiously. I was good most of the time but messed up about once a week. Once I was at 10 stone 3 I maintained for a while as I stopped dieting and then it gradually crept back on because I was eating high calorie desserts and chocolate.

I know that if I stayed on plan I would have easily kept going down to 9 stone 7 although it would have taken longer. In my opinion it is a healthy realistic weight. Any lower would be the struggle although not impossible.

Well done on your progress so far! :clap:

Targets are a very personal thing. You are taller than me (who isn't!), but I don't see a problem with losing the weight if that's what you want to do (and it's within a healthy range). I usually sit at the bottom end of my target weight very happily.

Your consultant does have a point about people struggling to maintain a target that is too low for them. I've seen people get demoralised and upset.

I would lose the stone, see how that feels and then if you are finding it easy lose 1/2 stone and pause again. If it's still easy try the last 1/2 remembering that you can always go up 1/2 stone again if you wish.

Hope this helps.

well done so far!!!

according to the "choose success" book in our packs you could under 9 and still be healthy so I am unsure where her ideas are from, I don't really understand where she is coming from tbh good luck with whatever you decide to do xxx

People were telling me I didnt need to lose more when I was still considered obese! Ignore them, do what you want.

Dont be too disappointed if you cant reach your target and be prepared to change it if need be. Ive now been the same weight for over 2 months and am having real difficulty getting rid of the last half stone im aiming for. Im going to give it another month and if nothing shifts call target. Be flexible, nothing is set in stone.

You keep losing until you feel comfortable and happy...

I'm 5ft 6in, my first target was 9st 6lbs and then I dropped it to 9st 2lbs. 4lbs doesn't sound like it will make much difference bet believe me it does!

You will know when you are ready to call target x

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I think I lose the next stone and see where I am in clothes sizes then think about whether I want 10st or 9.7st as my final target as I'm just not happy with 10st 7. Depends at what weight I won't be in between sizes as I don't want that either.

Back