Explaining CD to Children

LollyPop

One Day at a Time
My son is 7, (last time around he was only 3, so no issue then) and he's starting to notice that I'm not eating with him and his dad at dinner time.
It'll probably be fine when he goes back to school as he's used to us not eating until he's in bed but I really don't want to explain to him that I'm on any sort of diet.

Up to now, he has normal eating habits - prefers pizza but will happily eat veg and pasta too.... in sensible sized portions and doesn't drink fizzy drinks or eat a lot of sweets.

I think he'll grow up like his father and have a "normal" relationship with food but I really don't want him to start thinking about weight etc at his age.

Maybe I'm over-thinking this but I just don't know how to approach it if he mentions it. - He's very chatty and inquisitive beyond his years!

Has anyone else had this dilemma? Surely I can't be the only one :)

Hi, it's a tough one!! I have 3 boys aged 8.5.3.! It's the 5year old that has questioned me about not eating, I have just told him that I will have something a bit later, and that has seemed to work so far!!

I have 3 kids, 4, 7 and 10. The older ones know I am doing the diet and older one even said at the weekend when I slipped at a bbq that he thought I was not allowed that. I sit and have my soup with them all at dinner time as I love sitting down and finding out how their day has gone etc xx

Back