EXPLODING PORRIDGE!!!!!

valentine

miss yo yo
Just wondered if anyone else has had a problem with air pockets or exploding porridge??

I have been having a sachet of porridge everyday for the last 3 weeks and its a real git to make so that it isnt too sloppy etc..

Today i decided to cook it exactly as stated on the packet and when the microwave pinged at the end i opened the door and the porridge just seemed to go POP!!!

Ive now got a 10p size blister on my arm along with a big patch of sore skin..

Luckily i had the immediate reaction to put my arm straight under the cold tap in the kitchen or i think the blister would have been bigger and deeper.

The porridge stuck to my arm like glue but i managed not to rub it off and just let the water do it.

Sorry to have waffled but i just wondered if this is an isolated thing or if it had happened to anyone else.. (not the burn just a popping mess in micro)???

Has made me really wary for the next time i make it..

Oh no!

No, I haven't had that (yet :confused:)!

I make mine in a big plastic bowl - I whisk it with a hand whisk (not an electric one) first and then after 2 mins. I then put it in for another 2 minutes and whisk again before eating.

Hope it doesn't happen again to you - sounds painful :(

Hope your ok. Ive not tried the porridge yet and ive just ordered 1 just to see what its like. I'll look out for that when i make it and thanks for the warning.... Try arden 8hr protectant on your burn its brilliant.

Back