extra easy......does it REALLY work?

mummytummy

Silver Member

Hi guys and gals,
it's my first few days into slimming world and I have been doing the extra easy plan. No when I did it about 8 yrs ago it was just the original and green days, and this is combination of the two.....so how on earth does it work? Also how do you lot find it? Having good losses or find you have better losses when you do the original or green?

Cheers! kim xx

I think loads of people have had great losses doing extra easy. I don't eat a lot of meat so I have mainly green days. As then I get an extra a & b. But I don't overeat when I do an extra easy day. It's about listening to when your body is hungry and when it isn't.
Plus making sure 1/3 of your plate is superfree. My friend who is the slimmest person ever wanted to lose half a stone and I didn't think it was possible. She did 2 months of slimming world and lost it all. She did extra easy everyday.

Good Luck!

I love Extra Easy i lost 2 stone and reached target of 7 stone 5.5 lbs on Extra Easy im sticking with this one it really is extra easy.

Thanks both, I think I need to add more super free food on my plate then but to be honest I have had an awful cold this week so my meal sheet is pretty bare lol

The reason it works is the super free. There is a great post about it here The benefits of superfree foods | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes. I think the lady who writes this blog posts on here. Her recipes are fabulous and just go to show that you don't have to eat nothing but lettuce!

SW really is promoting sensible eating rather than a 'diet', though, that said, as a diet it works fantastically well. I got my 9stone award this week and have done that almost exclusively on EE days. Like a lot of past members who did red and green the idea of EE just didn't compute. But, I followed the books to the letter and lost 9lbs in my first week and 5more in my second. One stone in a fortnight. I was an EE convert!

I have never known anything other than the extra easy plan and have lost 3st 6 since July so it has worked for me! Other than a tiny bit of willpower in saying no to high syn treats it really has been easy as I eat as much meat and carbs as I want as long as I get my third superfree in.

People are really beginning to notice my loss now and commenting and I have to admit, I really cringe with embarrassment when they say things like "Oh you've worked really hard well done" because in all honesty I haven't put a great deal of effort in at all - not much exercise and no restricting at all. My losses have slowed of late though, so it's probably now that I will actually have to begin putting some effort in! :)

Hi guys and gals,
it's my first few days into slimming world and I have been doing the extra easy plan. No when I did it about 8 yrs ago it was just the original and green days, and this is combination of the two.....so how on earth does it work? Also how do you lot find it? Having good losses or find you have better losses when you do the original or green?

Cheers! kim xx

8 1/2 stone in 11 months says it does..........

The reason it works is the super free. There is a great post about it here The benefits of superfree foods | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes. I think the lady who writes this blog posts on here. Her recipes are fabulous and just go to show that you don't have to eat nothing but lettuce!

SW really is promoting sensible eating rather than a 'diet', though, that said, as a diet it works fantastically well. I got my 9stone award this week and have done that almost exclusively on EE days. Like a lot of past members who did red and green the idea of EE just didn't compute. But, I followed the books to the letter and lost 9lbs in my first week and 5more in my second. One stone in a fortnight. I was an EE convert!

I agree 100% about superfree!!

It has become an obsession now. That third superfree is sacrosanct. I even started buying things i wouldnt normally eat. I have developed a taste for pickled things now. Most meals I will chop in an onion, some lettuce, tomatoes, pickled red cabbage, pickled onions, and my favourite..... Sauerkraut.

Sauerkraut is just fermented cabbage, tastes like its shreded and pickled. Not bad, it's one of those foods that it takes more effort to digest than what you get back in calories. It fills you up and it fills your plate up.

I agree 100% about superfree!!

It has become an obsession now. That third superfree is sacrosanct. I even started buying things i wouldnt normally eat. I have developed a taste for pickled things now. Most meals I will chop in an onion, some lettuce, tomatoes, pickled red cabbage, pickled onions, and my favourite..... Sauerkraut.

Sauerkraut is just fermented cabbage, tastes like its shreded and pickled. Not bad, it's one of those foods that it takes more effort to digest than what you get back in calories. It fills you up and it fills your plate up.

Like you Gatzer I have started eating veg I wouldn't even have considered before. Some has been a disaster (the Roasted Globe Artichoke last night being one) but mainly I've found that the veg I try has been amazing!

OP - The superfree thing is important but also try to get some variety of superfree as well. No matter how easy SW is to stick to (it is as well mostly!) if you eat the same 5 veg every day you will get bored. I have started getting a weekly veg box, and every other week I get a 'Gourmet' version with unusual veg in it. Sometimes I have to google the names to figure out what some of it is, and how the hell to cook it, but it keeps things interesting.

Back