Extra Easy: Has anyone tried anything from this months mag?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Fatty_no_more, 17 January 2014.

1. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

And can reccomend anything? X
  2. LisaIris

LisaIris Well-Known Member

I'm only on my 2nd week of SW & I cooked one of the pasta sauces from the magazine. It was chicken, bacon, leek & quark. I don't like quark so I used half fat creme fraishe instead & counted the syns. Really tasty & husband loved it too. Took me all of about 15min for the whole meal.
  3. Willbeslimjen

Willbeslimjen Well-Known Member

I have cooked the mushroom stroganoff from the book that came wit it. It was delicious
  4. steph1212

steph1212 Well-Known Member

I've made the spinach and mushroom cannelloni and it was lovely. A bit of preparation required but it definitely worth it!
  5. joedenise

joedenise Target Member

I made the Mac cheese - looked a bit weird but tasted fine. Never had mac cheese with tom puree in it before and would leave it out if I do it again (won't be for a while as it made 6 nor 4 portions! so have 4 portions in the freezer).

6. Mummyshelleycat

Mummyshelleycat Well-Known Member

We are having mac and cheese for tea, I have some American friends and it looks just like there's they use tomatoes sauce in there's so very sweet x
  7. chocko1

chocko1 Well-Known Member

We had the Singapore Beef but it was a bit spicy for us, bearing in mind my daughter calls me a light weight where spices are concerned!!

8. abisaurus

abisaurus Well-Known Member

The cheesey chips haha, theyre amazing. I made the carribbean pepperpot stew but not sure if that was this months or a previous mag (was gorgeous if a little spicy I added a coconut flavour greek muller yogurt to cool it a bit and it was FAB! .x.x.
  9. Fatty_no_more

Cool I fancy the coke chicken yum. X
  10. abisaurus

abisaurus Well-Known Member

I LOVE the coke chicken. It works well with other pops too, irn-bru tastes like sweet and sour! yummy!
  11. Rochelle1

Rochelle1 Well-Known Member

I am fancying mushroom stroganoff, vegetable tagine, turkish delight sorbet, apple and cranberry strudel, toffee and banana crumble pots out of the little booklet! Going to try mushrooms stroganoff next week
  12. lauraloulou17

lauraloulou17 Member

I did the diet coke chicken, was good. And the Singapore beef - think hubby would eat it every day if he could! Loads in there I want to try - Maryland chicken is next on the list I think! X
  13. lowey26

lowey26 Well-Known Member

I did the chicken biryani and the jerk pork. Both really tasty.
  14. shanann86

shanann86 Member

I've done the diet coke chicken and the mac and cheese. Both were delicious and made a good change from the curries and chillies I normally have. I'll be having the cheesy chips this week too. If you use fanta zero you get a great sweet and sour sauce aswell :)
  15. Fatty_no_more

I'm trying the coke chicken this week x