Extra Easy Myths

devotchka

I've been lurking around for a couple of months and have read quite a few scary myths about the Extra Easy plan.
I am doing this, so obviously, it panicked me. I had a word with my consultant last night and she cleared everything up.
So I thought I would post it here.

• You do not have to fill your plate with 1/3 of vegetables. This started as a suggestion and is a recommendation from Slimming World. It's about what works for you. If you don't always fill your plate with veg or fruit and it isn't affecting your weight loss, then carry on. If you aren't and you're having really slow losses, then perhaps you should try it.
  • You can include your fruit or veg in the meal you make, you don't have to physically include it too fill up a third of your plate. I've heard some people say it's about portion control, but as long as you're eating a lot of fruit and veg in the day, it doesn't matter.
  • You can snack on free foods, the don't have to be part of your meal. As long as it's not having a negative affect on your losses.

You do not have to absolutely obey these rules, as I've heard, because that very much makes it a diet and Slimming World's selling point is that you can hardly tell your dieting.
Just try and find what works for you!

Awah, thank you!
I just think it keeps getting a bad press on here, and it's not as staunch and diet-like as people think. It's a good plan!

Thanks for the info - im still a Green and Original girl, i think my metabolism and lifestyle suit the old plans better, EE makes me feel bloated as I overcarb!!! :D

Good to know what your C said tho - i do have the odd EE day if im eating out! x

I'm scared of ee....

Only my first week (weigh in tomorrow!) but having as much meat AND potatoes as I like may well be a recipe for complete disaster hehe

Having an all-green week at first :)

I've been lurking around for a couple of months and have read quite a few scary myths about the Extra Easy plan.
I am doing this, so obviously, it panicked me. I had a word with my consultant last night and she cleared everything up.
So I thought I would post it here.

• You do not have to fill your plate with 1/3 of vegetables. This started as a suggestion and is a recommendation from Slimming World. It's about what works for you. If you don't always fill your plate with veg or fruit and it isn't affecting your weight loss, then carry on. If you aren't and you're having really slow losses, then perhaps you should try it.
  • You can include your fruit or veg in the meal you make, you don't have to physically include it too fill up a third of your plate. I've heard some people say it's about portion control, but as long as you're eating a lot of fruit and veg in the day, it doesn't matter.
  • You can snack on free foods, the don't have to be part of your meal. As long as it's not having a negative affect on your losses.
You do not have to absolutely obey these rules, as I've heard, because that very much makes it a diet and Slimming World's selling point is that you can hardly tell your dieting.
Just try and find what works for you!

Thank you for this! I enjoy extra easy last time I did SW I use to over carb and didnt lose weight ... xxxx

I've never done the EE plan--it wasn't in place by the time I left the UK and I don't understand it. I'm hoping I can glean enough info to eventually give it a go.

Thanks for the info hun, I always do EE as I cant get on with red/green days. Sometimes I dont always have my veg with dinner, I just dont fancy it, or dont have it in, some days I dont have any but have huge amounts of free/super free fruit. It just depends on what you fancy every day. xx Thanks again.

:) no problem Devotchka... I still feel naughty having the ee days tho, it goes against everything SW was saying a few yrs ago!

Back