Extra lean lamb mince

kingleds

Gold Member
Anyone know where you can find this?? So many nice recipes in the cookbooks but i cannot for the life of me find it.

I am sure I have seen some people say they have found it at asda. Failing that any good butcher should be able to mince you up some l from a lean cut of lamb.

I can't find it anywhere either! TBH the only extra lean meat I really see is beef!!!
If u find it let me know!

Do u know if normal turkey mince I'd free or does this have to be extra lean to?
Xx

SHELL1811 said:
I can't find it anywhere either! TBH the only extra lean meat I really see is beef!!!
If u find it let me know!

Do u know if normal turkey mince I'd free or does this have to be extra lean to?
Xx

I think turkey is a lean meat anyway so should be okay.

yes as circes said, don't be fooled into thinking any turkey or chicken mince is extra lean, because it won't be. You need to look at the fat content or falling that make sure the mince comes from breast meat only or states extra lean clearly on the packet. Because many of the cheaper non lean varieties, can contain all parts of the carcass, including the fatty bits.

Oh wow - did not know about the <5% so thats a really good tip thanks! I take it that is <5% fat not saturated fat?
The mince i get is from Asda - im going to have a look now!!!
x

I have just looked and the turkey mince I get is 8g fat /2g saturated fat per 100g - does this mean I should no longer get this?

Where does everybody else get there lean mince?

Sorry to have taken over your post kingleds!!!

Typical valuesPer 100g Energy602kJ144kcal
Protein18.0g
CarbohydrateNilof which sugarsNil
Fat8.0gof which saturates2.0g
FibreNil
SodiumNilequivalent as saltNil

this is the one you want from asda

Turkey "breast" mince, which you know is going to be low in fat. This one is less than 3% fat

5051413016046_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

and is only 1.3g of fat per 100g

Last edited:
SHELL1811 said:
Sorry to have taken over your post kingleds!!!

Don't worry - tis stuff we all need to know!

I only buy extra lean minced beef and then chicken breasts, salmon, prawns and other fish depending on whats on offer. Wanted something different hence the lamb mince question!

this is the one you want from asda

Turkey "breast" mince, which you know is going to be low in fat. This one is less than 3% fat

5051413016046_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

and is only 1.3g of fat per 100g

I dont thin i have seen this one - i do online shopping and the other one is the only one that comes up - I will try looking instore next time!!
x

Does this mean that all meat under 5g is free?
Just lookin on asda website-there is tinned ham under 5 so would that be free? X

Does this mean that all meat under 5g is free?
Just lookin on asda website-there is tinned ham under 5 so would that be free? X

No it only applies for mince. If the mince is less than 5% fat, then you know it is extra lean, unfortunately it doesnt work like that for other items.

Lean cuts of fresh meat with no fat/skin and no added sauces, dressings, oil etc are free. For all other types of meat not listed in the free foods list. You need to use syns online or the syns calculator.

They sell lean lamb mince in tesco, saw it the other day and just checked there website and it's on there x

Back