Extra lean mince

mrsrugball

Hey,

Really sorry if there is a topic already - I couldn't find one.

Anyway, I used to see extra lean beef mince in Morrisons and Asda ALLLL the time but, when I want it, I actually cannot find it. All I can find is lean mince - I've been to two different Morrisons and an Asda.

Do you know if they still sell it? or do you know of any alternatives?

Ps - I can't deal with Quorn, I literally thought I was going to be sick lol.

Asda definately sell it - or at least, my local branch does. I haven't been able to find any in Morrisons recently though. Tesco almost always have some in but that's a bit of a trek for me!

Tesco do their healthy living extra lean in either fresh or frozen.

Thanks folks for your answers! Asda do seem to have it, the b/f went in tonight and found some so stocked up. Didn't fancy having to Syn for mince, such a waste lol :)

Asda do have it, but not in all stores. Asda also do a 250g pack, which can be a bit easier and cheaper as Tesco, Sainsbury and Morrisons only sell it in 500g packs.

My recommendation though is Lidl, not all stores to it, but their 250g packs of Scotch Beef Extra Lean are only £1.79 and very tasty (and often reduced to 30% off, ideal for the freezer!)

I think Aldi do extra lean in some stores but can't remember off the top of my head. Someone also told me that if you have a business, go to Booker wholesale, their butchers sell it for a fraction of the price of the supermarkets. Not been in there myself so can't say either way, but that's what I heard.

Back