Extra Support - Therapy/group sessions

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by coogeetoo, 29 March 2008 Social URL.

1. coogeetoo

coogeetoo New Member

Hello All!

I've been on and off Cambridge for the last 2 years, completely wasting m time as I just can't stick to it! I manage about a week and then give in to temptation, grrrr!

What I really think i need is a bit of extra support like CBT of NLP something like that help with the diet demons!

Does anyone know of anyone in the Greater Manchester area that offers something like that? Ideally a cambrige councillor who does both!

Alternatively I think a group session might help me... you know like the weighwatchers type thing where you can share you experience weekly with others, again.. anyone in the greater Manchester area who does this???

I'd love to hear from anyone with suggestions

Many Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

HAve you tried LighterLife?

4. coogeetoo

coogeetoo New Member

I've not, but that's the kind of thing that I need really i think!

However the limited flavours put me off quite a bit and the waiting time to get started - I'm a very impulsive person and it would drive me nuts if I had to wait 3 weeks to get going!

5. doodles

doodles Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    8st5lb(38.36%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I think it would be really hard to switch from cambridge to LL as the flavours of Cambridge are 100% better and more varied, also the bars with cambridge are a dream compared to LL. I bet there isn't many who swop CD for LL !

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i can understand re the waiting time. Totally understand that. But personally I think there are enough flavours on LL (almost too much choice on CD) ... and their crispy peanut and their cranberry and raspberry bars ARE HEAVEN!!! Nothing like the CD ones. Maybe you can start on CD and then move to LL when a group local to you starts up?

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

AHHHH BUT have you tried the crispy peanut and cranberry and raspberry - I defy anyone not to LOVE at least one of them.

And the flavours are actually quite similar - mushroom soup is exactly the same. The caramel is the same. Choc is close enough. LL doesn't have the tetras though - or the mixa mousse

8. doodles

doodles Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    8st5lb(38.36%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Dancing,

I haven't tried the two new bars, I swopped over before they came out, but I have heard they are quite nice. They needed them, when I tried the nut one it made me gag!!!!

Doodles x

9. Mrs B

Mrs B Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st1.7lb
    Current Weight:
    23st1.1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.6lb(4.32%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    How about asking at your gp's surgery? They may not, necessarily, pay for it but they could have a list of counsellors etc. Or ask your CDC - you are probably not the first to ask.

10. coogeetoo

coogeetoo New Member

Yeah I've not thought about asking at my doctors. I guess I prefer to see somebody who already understands CD!

Group sessions... there must be someone who does them in Greater Manchster... I may have to resort to ringing each individual councillor to see if they offer it!
    xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.