Eye surgery

Nomes

Gold Member
Hi

I was at the hospital today to see if I'm a good candidate for eye surgery and I am :)

I have double vision with a squint so I can't wait ;)

Only thing getting me down is that my double vision is getting worse so really hope it doesn't deteriorate any more. Def want this last stone off before surgery x

Good luck on both counts. Have they given you any idea when you're likely to have your surgery?

Have they offered you the botox jab? It's very effective on both the squint & double vision. As someone who has had very painful & unsuccessful surgery on a squint, I can't recommend the Botox jab enough.

They didn't say about the jab- will ask the consultant but they said stitches are but in the muscles to tighten them

They didn't say about the jab- will ask the consultant but they said stitches are but in the muscles to tighten them

Yeah they use adjustable stitches. A few hours after you come around from the surgery they'll do some final adjustments on the stitches so you can tell them whether the double vision is better/worse. Also, you may need more surgery down the line.

The Botox jab freezes the muscles & the eye pulls straight, which should improve the double vision. I have mine about every 9 or 10 weeks, it's so easy. I've had so many problems with my eyes since the surgery, I wish I'd never had it.

How bad was your double vision? My glasses are 10 prisms but she said I need another 14 so something needs done.

Also, how painful was it?

How bad was your double vision? My glasses are 10 prisms but she said I need another 14 so something needs done.

Also, how painful was it?

My double vision was awful- sometimes I was seeing 3 of everything. And the headaches & loss of balance were terrible.

As for how painful it was, I can honestly say that I've never experienced pain like it, and I've dislocated both knees & a hip! I can't really describe the pain. But let me tell you, when they say you can go back to work in a week, they're tellin porkies, I was off work for 2 months. They did offer me more surgery but there's no way I'd ever put myself through that again

Back