Fabulous Food Diary!!

Hi all,

I'm returning to SW after doing so well and losing 2 stone in 2007 but that weight (and more) has crept back on as I didn't know how to eat healthily! I was young and didn't understand really how bad takeaways are!

So I am back! For me writing things down really works so I'll be updating this daily!!

My starting weight is 10st10lbs and my ideal weight is 8st so I have a little way to go!

Yesterdays food: Extra Easy

Breakfast: none as I was stripping wallpaper at my new house! Hard work!!

Lunch: Jacket potato with beans

Dinner: Fillet steak with dauphinoise, roasted carrots and broccoli.

Snacks: Mint aero mousse

Syns: dauphinoise mix (2), cream for sauce (2), oil (2), aero mousse (5.5) 10.5/15

HEx: semi skimmed milk for dauphinoise mix (A).

I'll be reading all food dairies for inspiration as I think the key to this is varied meals.

I'll highlight anything I really like!!

On that note, the Schwartz mix for dauphinoise potatoes is lovely!! Works out at 2 syns for 1/4 of the pack and I couldnt even finish that! Would recommend!! :)

Hope you all have a good day!! X x x

Good luck! I've started sw again today after putting weight back on...hoping to keep it off this time lol x

Good luck - I am too restarting tomorrow so finding new diaries to get me back on track :) xx

Hi!!

Just wanted to let you know how yesterday went... Actually really well because I was just so busy that I didn't even have time to think about food!

Day 2: supposed to be extra easy but ended up being green!

Breakfast: 30g bran flakes yogurty with semi skimmed milk.

Lunch: Jacket potato with cottage cheese

Dinner: Chicken noodle mug shot

Syns: 0/15

HEx: bran flakes (b) milk (a)

Good luck for today everyone!!

X x x

Just wanted to give you my menu for today so if it's in writing I can't have any more as I really REALLY want to eat a huge slice of cheesecake!! I watched the episode of friends this morning where Rachel and Chandler eat the whole cheesecake... and now I want some!!

Breakfast: Branflakes yoghurty (Hex B) with semi skimmed milk (Hex A)h

Lunch: Cottage cheese and a weight watchers greek yoghurt.

Dinner: Chicken and rump steak combo with a jacket potato at The Harvester with free salad and a tiny bit of low cal mayonnaise (4) and BBQ side dip (2)

Snacks: Options Hot Chocolate (3)

Total Syns: 9

Wish me luck with not going to get a cheesecake! It's cold and wet outside though so that helps the cause!!

x x x

Nahhhh u don't wanna go outside in this it's all wet and yucky. U got a few syns left how about a small choc bar or a digestive and yoghurt and pretend its cheese cake lol

Step away from the cheesecake!!! Lol. Think how good you'll feel tomorrow if you don't have it.
I really wanted to eat loads of chocolate earlier but managed to resist by drinking no added sugar squash.

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't updated you over the last couple of days... it's been a busy few days for me... but all still on track you will be glad to hear and even though I have only been doing this for a little bit, I already feel slimmer and that clothes fit me better. It's amazing what losing a little bit can do for your confidence! I can only imagine how happy I will be when I get to goal!!

Anyway.... Tuesday's menu was a extra easy day:

Breakfast: None - was up and out in far too quickly!!

Lunch: Boots shapers sushi (1.5)

Dinner: Chilli con carne made with light choices mince (1) onions fried in a little oil (1), peppers, tomatoes, baked beans, mushrooms with basmati rice

Snacks: Weight watchers fruit greek yoghurt, small amount of macaroni cheese (ate dinner really late!) (3) and 50g Carte D'or coffee ice cream (5.5)

Total syns: 12

Wednesday - Extra Easy Day

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (B) with semi skimmed milk (A)

Lunch: Jacket potato with left over chilli (1) and fat free cottage cheese

Dinner: Paella made with onions, peppers, peas, fish stock, prawns and arborio rice, cooked in a little olive oil (3)

Snacks: 50g Carte D'or strawberry ice cream (5)

Total syns: 9

I feel like I have eaten really well.... before starting slimming world I did a couple of weeks on weight watchers and found the first week easy but the second week was just a nightmare because I was so hungry but was eating naughty snacks during the day which left me with nothing to eat at night!

I'm so glad I came back to slimming world. I really feel like it's working already. And I'm doing it properly this time, times in the past I have tried to not eat sync and not have healthy options but that just makes it impossible and makes me give up after a few days. Whereas I feel like I'm eating normally but so much more healthily because pretty much everything I am eating is cooked from scratch without any preservatives etc. It's got to be good for you right?!?

Anyway.... I will keep updating you! I'm back to work next week so everything will be a little more organised!

Hope you're all doing OK :)

x x x

Hi all,

Just an update - guilty face!!

Thursday - extra easy

Breakfast: None.... had to be out of the house really early!

Lunch: Tikka mug shot (1)

Dinner: Faggots (6) with golden wonder cheese and chive mashed potato (1.5) and mushy peas

Snacks: Cookies and cream Kit Kat (5.5)

Total Syns: 14

Friday - here is the bad one.... I went to watch a band play so was staying at a bed and breakfast...

Breakfast: Oat so simple original (B) with semi skimmed milk (A)

Lunch: Bacon sandwich made up of two slices of seeded bread (12), a small amount of butter (2) and a drop of brown sauce (1) - this was at a friend's house and knew we wouldn't get to eat anything otherwise as we were kind of in the middle of nowhere!

Dinner: 1/2 portion of fish and chips - estimated this at 17 as I've read on here that people say a small portion is 17 and I had half a normal portion.

Snacks: Two boston creme donuts (chocolate covered donuts with a vanilla cream centre.... they were so amazing but really shouldn't have had them! (30) and I had around 250ml of malibu with diet coke (25)

Overall..... 87 syns!!!! Oh my!! And I've had worse days out than that... I dread to think what would have happened if I wasn't on a diet!!

Oh well.... today is another day although it didn't start amazingly well as the breakfast with the room was a full english!!

But I know I will be straight back on it! We don't go away very often like that with the girls so it was a one off! The important thing is that I don't just eat rubbish for the rest of the day!!

Oh and to make the above slightly better.... I did walk for about 3 hours and dance all night... that's got to contribute slightly!!

Confession over... hopefully I have something better to say next time :)

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend so far ;)

Back