Facing reality!

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this kind of support group. I'm 31 years of age and am really big. I have been big for most of my adult life and it taken till now to realise that i've wasted my life being fat. Being big has stopped me doing some many things. I have always told myself "Wait till you're thin" or "you're too fat for that"but I've never got there. I'm now facing reality that because of my weight, I've led a really small life. I want to change by losing weight but i want to feel better about myself and live my life to the full.

The major problem is I've never been able to stick to a diet. God knows I've tried, WW, Slimming world, cabbage soup, starvation, xenical and the foulest tea known to man guarenteed to make me thin all for the price of £29.99. I could be a millonaire with all the money I've wasted on gimmicks over the years and still my thighs wobble.

So I'm givin it all up, the obsession with points, calories, carbs and checks and am trying the paul mckenna system. I'm hoping things can be different and maybe joining this forum and being honest can help me stay on track. I feel like a failure that I can't control this aspect of my life but maybe I'm not alone. I hope......

Hey darling.. welcome to minimins.. =).. Love your name..
I totally get what you're saying about trying different diets and stuff.. but guranteed there is a one out there just for you..! and it will work.. and you'll be able to do all those things that you've put off..!
Theres an amazing support system on here, people always there to help you and pick you up when you're feeling down.. if you have a mooch around you may just find the "plan" for you..!
Hope to hear more from you..
Cat x x x

Hiya and :welcome2:. You're never alone on Mininins, that's one of the great things about it.:) I totally understand how you feel, my weight has held me back all my life. I too have tried different menthods including Paul's. I know they'd work if I could stick with them lol.

Hey you made the first step for the rest of your life, well done!!!

I know what its like to have so much weight to lose you cant face it, but one step at a time, one day at a time, one week then one month, thats what I am doing.

Thank the heaven for minimins.com thats what I say.

Keep posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX;)

Hi Rainbow

I'm only going to repeat what all the others have said - you've taken the first step ... even though you may have taken many first steps in the past ... as long as you believe this one will be the last - it will work.

And don't beat yourself up about wasting your life ... you're only 31. Not sure how much you have to lose, but even if you lose 1.5 pounds a week, you'll lose over 5 stone a year :)

Good luck and keep posting :)

Twigs
xx

Good luck, Rainbowbrite! :)

Everyone who has replied is right. You have made the first step and are fully motivated to change your life. So there is nothing stopping you now.

Good luck! Keep us posted on your progress! :)

Love Lisa

Overeaters Anon is a 12 step programme (borrowed and adapted from AA) designed to help you live your life better and help you get well on three levels emotional, physical and spiritual. You attend meetings and share your experience, strength and hope with others, find a sponsor and they will help you work on the steps. For each step there are nine or ten questions to be answered. I have recently found a sponsor who seems pretty good and I hope she'll really help me in my recovery from compulsive overeating.

Only problem is that PMK and OA contradict each other, Paul says to eat what you want, no foods are banned whereas OA reckon you need to give up your trigger foods (aka becoming abstinent) in order to be free of the addictive desire to eat them. In saying that his ideas are perfect about learning to recognise true hunger etc.

Overeaters Anon is a 12 step programme (borrowed and adapted from AA) designed to help you live your life better and help you get well on three levels emotional, physical and spiritual. You attend meetings and share your experience, strength and hope with others, find a sponsor and they will help you work on the steps. For each step there are nine or ten questions to be answered. I have recently found a sponsor who seems pretty good and I hope she'll really help me in my recovery from compulsive overeating.

Only problem is that PMK and OA contradict each other, Paul says to eat what you want, no foods are banned whereas OA reckon you need to give up your trigger foods (aka becoming abstinent) in order to be free of the addictive desire to eat them. In saying that his ideas are perfect about learning to recognise true hunger etc.

That sounds interesting, how do u find a sponser?

Back