Failed at a VLCD before but want to try again?

Felix

Gold Member
Hi all,

I have just been looking at S&S products online and thought I would check the forum out. Over the past 2-3 years I've become a bit of a serial dieter. I've tried every diet going on this forum, and had my best success with Cambridge (started at 15.13, lowest 12.7 and now I'm around the 14 stone mark so still lighter than when I started.) it was a very slow process with me on Cambridge as I kept stopping and restarting. I told myself I would give up on VLCD's for good but the results are just too good.

Has anyone not done great on a VLCD before and then had a long break and managed to crack it?? I am so tempted to order a couple of weeks worth and see how I get on.

Hi I lost 4 stone with the Cambridge plan in early 2011, but gained it back by the end of that year. I then switched to SnS last year and lost 2.5 stone for my holiday, but never managed to get back on it when I retuned and gained that back by Christmas. I started SnS for the final time on 27th and aim to stick with it all the way till I lose 6.5 stone. I am currently lying on the sofa wrapped in blankets freezing cold and going through the notoriously bad day 5, although its not as bad as I remembered. I prefer slim and save as they are much cheaper than Cambridge and have more variety. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to do a VLCD. I don't miss having a councillor as mine CDC never really did anything for me except weigh me and I was in and within minutes, literally. Anyway good luck if you chose to start the diet.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi I lost 4 stone with the Cambridge plan in early 2011, but gained it back by the end of that year. I then switched to SnS last year and lost 2.5 stone for my holiday, but never managed to get back on it when I retuned and gained that back by Christmas. I started SnS for the final time on 27th and aim to stick with it all the way till I lose 6.5 stone. I am currently lying on the sofa wrapped in blankets freezing cold and going through the notoriously bad day 5, although its not as bad as I remembered. I prefer slim and save as they are much cheaper than Cambridge and have more variety. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to do a VLCD. I don't miss having a councillor as mine CDC never really did anything for me except weigh me and I was in and within minutes, literally. Anyway good luck if you chose to start the diet.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks for your reply! I feel the same about Cambridge, although my councillor was lovely and did stay for a chat I can just weigh myself and get support from this forum. My OH did Cambridge too and has lost about 5 stone and kept it off but wanted to start again to lose the last stone and a half so I might see if he fancies doing S&S too. I want to lose 4 stones and I know it can average out at about a stone a month so I could be near my goal by April which doesn't seem far away!

Think I'm going to give it a go. Good luck with your restart :D

i did cambridge and just couldnt stick it the shakes made me urgh. only on day 2 but feel with the food packs and food allowance like im not on a vlcd as it all so tasty and filling so glad i gave it a go xx

Back