failed my driving test:(

sham88

free2bme
Just fancied a little moan really, i failed my driving test this morning-had a complete wally of an examiner he was very rude and to make matters worse he farted while i was driving and stunk up the whole car dirty begger :eek: it was just a disaster BUT on the plus side i was so tempted to get a chinese tonight just to treat myself after my "traumatic day" (slightly dramatic) but i resisted and instead had lovely pork with mash potatoes and veg and fruit and yogurt for dessert and went cycling!!

Big hugs!!! I know how gutted I was when I failed my driving test. But well done on not letting it affect your food :)

Don't give up though (like I did) you will get there!

Ah thanks I know my instructor told me to book another one as soon as possible he thinks i just had a bad day and the nerves took over which is probably true, just need a few more lessons to get the confidence up and correct the mistakes i made and hopefully next time ill be grand :) xx

Hi Sham, I own & run a driving school of which my husband is an instructor in. I really do feel your pain, it took me two attempts to pass and even then I still had 11 minors! Lol
At least you now know what to expect next time ( hopefully not the rudeness or farts) and the fact you haven't caved into eating just rubbish shows your made of strong stuff! Get it rebooked asap, best of luck with everything :) x

It took me two goes. Failing feels rubbish, but it is easier the second time as you know what to expect. It is such a hit or miss thing - there are so many things that can affect your result apart from your own driving ability - time of day (rush hour is a sod), where you take it, other idiots on the road, nerves, grumpy/intimidating examiner etc. I'm sure lots of good drivers fail first time, and some not so good ones get lucky and pass. Be proud for not giving in to the take away and get rebooked to try again. Good luck!

it took me two attempts too, and i still remember my heart beating sooo fast on the way back to the test centre second time around lol. get rebooked asap and good luck with beating those nerves! x

I'm sure there's a saying that 'all the best people pass second time' ;)

I passed second time too (if you hadn't guessed!)

Just take it on board as 'one of those things'...you'll pass when you're ready. I felt terrible when I failed first time (I had no minors, just one major for doing 35 in a 30 :O) and all my friends were already drivin which was really annoying!...but when you pass it really doesn't matter how long it took you/or how many attempts...you got there in the end, and that's the only thing that matters :)

all the best people do pass second time round...me!!! lol dont worry hun atleast you'll be prepared for how a test goes now

I did tests in teh states when i lived in texas and then over here to get my uk license and wow was that fun lol

I feel for you. I'm on driving hiatus 'cos I've lost confidence (and got mo money for more tests lol). I've failed 4. two for speeding, two for dangerous faults. I think I'm destined to be a pedestrian lol.

Oh you poor thing. I failed first time too, passed on my second. I remember crying in the car all of the way home.

Try not to get down about it. You will do it next time!

The best drivers never pass first time anyway.. ;)

I feel your pain i passed my test fourth time but when i failed on my third i was so close to giving up but thought to my self i can do this, on my fourth go i just tried to think it was a friend in the car with me but i had to drive perfectly. made me less nervous

i think the saying is the best drivers pass 3RD time - but dont worry, passing second time will make you awesome too.

I couldnt parallel park on my first test and hit the curb! (grrr) and on my second test i didnt indicate when i was told to park up and then pull out again!!! (grrr grrr!)

Driving is freedom though - and you will get there!!!! Also - you never learn to drive PROPERLY until you drive on your own - i remember picking up my first car and driving it away all alone - felt sooooo surreal! :)

Good luck - get another test booked ASAP (i dread to think the cost of lessons and tests now!)

ps - Kalms worked a treat on the general nerves.

x

Yes Ellebear is definitely correct- it is THIRD :rolleyes:

On my first attempt I pulled out on a bus. They didn't even let me continue on my test he just took the keys off me!

Have to agree. 3rd timers the best.

First time failed due to nerves ooh and abysmal driving

second time examinor had to apply the brakes !

third time (passed) went so well only 4 minor faults.

carry on and youll get there, a bit like something else close to all our hearts on here !

First time passers are just plain weird!

Yes Ellebear is definitely correct- it is THIRD :rolleyes:

On my first attempt I pulled out on a bus. They didn't even let me continue on my test he just took the keys off me!

wow, were you in a driving school car? I failed one in our family car for a dangerous fault (4mins into the flipping test by the way, most annoying) but had to continue the test!

wow, were you in a driving school car? I failed one in our family car for a dangerous fault (4mins into the flipping test by the way, most annoying) but had to continue the test!

Yes Flibs!! But it wasn't the driving instructor who made the decision to halt the test- it was the examiner!

When I say I pulled out on a bus, I mean I PULLED OUT ON A BUS. It was about a 6 foot away from me and probably doing 30mph- I honestly could have killed everyone involved, so I totally respect the examiner for making that decision.

Yes Flibs!! But it wasn't the driving instructor who made the decision to halt the test- it was the examiner!

When I say I pulled out on a bus, I mean I PULLED OUT ON A BUS. It was about a 6 foot away from me and probably doing 30mph- I honestly could have killed everyone involved, so I totally respect the examiner for making that decision.

For some strange reason this made me lol :eek:

Cheers everyone, i now agree that only weirdos pass first time. Thinking back on it it was actually abysmal-not surprising that i failed but i have booked it again for a couple of weeks time so hopefully second time lucky. Thank you all for your kind words xxx

mine was similar. there were roadworks between a slowish dual carriageway and the road exiting the industrial estate which houses the test centre in basildon. the roadworkers had forgotten to move the give way sign and left it 40ft from the end of the road, so when stopping at the give way sign, I couldn't see what was coming. aparently this caught out a lot of learners and test subjects before it was reported to the company doing the roadworks (erm... by me. my pal is the one who designed the new road layout lol!)

I stupidly (instead of pulling forward slowly until I could see and looking properly) stopped at the give way sign, then FLOORED the 2.5l turbo diesel volvo which I was driving. thankfully the car coming up my side of the dual carriageway was also a volvo and we both had flipping good brakes. BUT he still made me finish the test! I'm surprised he didn't make me pay for new trousers too lol.

Back